Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough conditions up here today, DA was 4500 ft. most of the day. Lots of guys are struggling to run the number, some are as much as .5 off the number. Water was perfect all day, no wind at all. New timing system is bad ass!! The tree seems to be real accurate, all the racers were trying to adjust so lots of red lights today but alot of .0 lights as well. Anyways hope to see some of you guys up here tomorrow.

418 is doing okay, we are only running one class (8 sec bracket) we went quicker as the air got worse so we made some good calls. 8.17/128 mph, 8.15/131 mph which put us #4 qualifier. In the afternoon we went 8.11/127 in the dash for cash on an 8.10 dial in, hoping we took the win in that deal will know tomorrow at drivers meeting. Tomorrow will be tough but looking forward to it.:)devil

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Met David 519 and his crew at the track today, great group of guys, looks like they have their chit togethor. They were testing props and gears and stuff trying to get that thing dialed in, not sure of the numbers but it looked good.

·
steelcomp was here
26,527 Posts
Real good job running the numbers in the heat, CS. Good luck tommorrow.:)devil

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
Ya, the heat was pretty rough out there today, 107* by 10:30am !! There is some dedicated racers out there for sure ! Boat looked good Chris.

Looks like the #405 boat has the 9.50 bracket on lock down this weekend ! Good luck tomorrow guys. Can't wait to get out there in October.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Tough conditions up here today, DA was 4500 ft. most of the day. Lots of guys are struggling to run the number, some are as much as .5 off the number. Water was perfect all day, no wind at all. New timing system is bad ass!! The tree seems to be real accurate, all the racers were trying to adjust so lots of red lights today but alot of .0 lights as well. Anyways hope to see some of you guys up here tomorrow.

418 is doing okay, we are only running one class (8 sec bracket) we went quicker as the air got worse so we made some good calls. 8.17/128 mph, 8.15/131 mph which put us #4 qualifier. In the afternoon we went 8.11/127 in the dash for cash on an 8.10 dial in, hoping we took the win in that deal will know tomorrow at drivers meeting. Tomorrow will be tough but looking forward to it.:)devil
Nice Chris....sounds like the boat is dialed in some bad air. Good Job. :)devil 8.17/128 mph, 8.15/131 mph which put us #4 qualifier. In the afternoon we went 8.11/127 :)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Nice too hear but i think that the new timing system might have a little to do with numbers being that far off as well.Only time will tell

but still good numbers you are getting.

I heard blownjet was doing ok today too.He said the new tree is nice though.also said he saw some racers tring too cool off in small pool so he had to invite them over for dinner.LOL

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Another Update...

418 went 8.02 first run this morning which was great for the conditions. Red lit by .1 in the semis and that was the end of our weekend. Was more than pleased with the way the boat ran this weekend considering the new lights and tough conditions. Congrats to 509 for cutting a perfect reaction time today, that was unreal! Also congrats to David 519 for making the 8.50 final at his first race back, great job!

Didnt end up winning the dash for cash "dial in" deal on Saturday because I red lit, never did hear who won that deal. The rules for that dash for cash need to be discussed. To me it makes no sence that you cannot win with a red light but if you do go green your reaction time means nothing in the end. You either add the reaction time to the et and disqualify any red lights or you simply do a dial in deal and ignore reaction times. It needs to be one or the other.

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
Chris, was very cool to meet you (and all the other board members I met) and your boat is bad ass :)devil On the ride home my guys and I were talking about was how fast the jet guys are going now a days. Back in the day, we never saw a jet running in the 8.0 class and now there's several that quick and faster.
Wish I could have raced Roznos in the final, might have been a good race. In the 10 years I raced before, we never broke on the rope. Was a bit of a bummer smacking the throttle and having the boat die... Oh well, my crew does a great job and usually the mistakes are mine, not theirs. Considering how the weekend started, was happy to end up in a final and get our program heading in the right direction.
See you in September...

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
Insane job Chris!! good to see all the diehards out in the heat! Thanks for the words of incouragement , sunday was a lot better than saturday for me. cant wait to do it again. the new lights are badd ass!!

·
Prune-Picker
140 Posts
Small turnout but great races.
Round one of 7.50 "Big Red One" lays a massive hole shot on "Hot Tub" (7.90-->7.65), but in the final Fulkerson puts the Red One on the trailer with a 7.80. This class hauls ass!
In 8.0 "TomCat" Bandy's 8.02 was good enough when Steve "No Respect" Rauscher broke out after a perfect .000 reaction time.
8.5 was all Mark Roznos "Sweet Thunder" just like some of you guys called it last week on this board.
UFJ had Bandy looking for a double win, but Hicks was probably pissed after the earlier 7.50 loss. "TomCat"'s 7.80 was impressive in the 105 deg heat but "Hot Tub" ripped a 7.55! You have to be standing about 200 feet out from the start line when these two CP's come by on nitrous - twin rockets. I wonder what their half track numbers were.
Thanks to all who braved the heat to put on a good show.

Cs

1 - 20 of 48 Posts