Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got great news today. Our new tree arrived and the timing equipment will be here by the end of the week. The designer of the system is flying out a couple of days before the june race to set up the course and test the new system. If all goes well (cross your fingers), we'll have new lights for the next race.

The NJBA board would like to extend a sincere thanks to all the racers, sponsors, shops and enthusiasts who donated time, money, parts, and help toward acquiring the new equipment.

oh and the new tree is huge, with staggered LED lights that are angled toward each lane so they are very easy to see. The opposite side of the tree is lit up for spectators as well.

thanks everyone and we'll see you at Lake Ming june 21-22nd.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
After no racing in May, I'm really excited for this race. The new lights sound bitchin'.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Hey thats not fair, you cant practice on the tree.

Hustler, I think your right.
I can see it now....mike on the couch making engine noises wearing his helmet and lifeline and jessa in the kitchen yelling "Watch the Lights!"hil:)hil:)

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
I can see it now....mike on the couch making engine noises wearing his helmet and lifeline and jessa in the kitchen yelling "Watch the Lights!"hil:)hil:)
With the Jimmy Johnson detachable steering wheel in both hands yelling "DID YOU TAKE THE SCCOP PLUG OUT???!!"

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there was some talk at that one meeting i attended of putting a time display board on the opposite side of the lake on a pontoon. is this part of the new system? or in the works? or some dream of how we all would like it to be?
a scoreboard=$$$$$ and is not part of the new system. It can be added easily to the new system though if the members decide they want one and we raise the money for it.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
there was some talk at that one meeting i attended of putting a time display board on the opposite side of the lake on a pontoon. is this part of the new system? or in the works? or some dream of how we all would like it to be?
a scoreboard would be nice, but upgrading the p/a system would be even nicer. if we could clearly hear the announcer throughout the pits and staging lanes, everyone would know who won and what the speeds/et's were. i'd vote for that next.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a scoreboard would be nice, but upgrading the p/a system would be even nicer. if we could clearly hear the announcer throughout the pits and staging lanes, everyone would know who won and what the speeds/et's were. i'd vote for that next.
bob- yeah a better p/a system would be nice. ours is pretty old and with so many people tapping into it between the source and all the speakers, the signal gets diminished. If i'm not mistaken, the FM transmitter should be working better at the next race so those of you with portable radios will get better reception.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts