·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2009 Shooting Sports Fair

Has Been Cancelled

=======================================================
=======================================================
Along with warm weather in Southern California the end of spring has historically been the month the shooting industries top manufacturers join together with Turner’s Outdoorsman and Raahauge’s Enterprises to bring you the Shooting Sports Fair! We regret to inform all of you loyal customers and past attendees that the Shooting Sports Fair will not be held this year!

Our goal has been to provide shooting enthusiasts and their families a hands-on experience with some of the newest and most advanced firearms this industry has to offer. However, with the extremely limited supply of ammunition and firearms we have concern that it would be nearly impossible to bring you and yours the quality experience we have worked so hard on bringing you in the past!

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that in 2010 Turner’s Outdoorsman and Raahauge’s Enterprises will bring you the biggest and best hands on gun show in the west.

Sincerely,

The Turner’s Outdoorsman Staff

·
Steady Rollin
1,153 Posts
i've been to turners a few times in the last couple months, every time the shelves have been bare, and the firearm supply has been crappy. I also wonder if maybe they are hurting financially.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
i've been to turners a few times in the last couple months, every time the shelves have been bare, and the firearm supply has been crappy. I also wonder if maybe they are hurting financially.
I would imagine they are if they have no guns or boolits to sell. Sorta like a boat store with no boats.
Rio

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts
Speaking of guns since watching the movie appolusa (sp) I have wanted to shoot and 8 gauge or maybe buy one any ideas.:D

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
I thought guns and ammo has been selling like hot cakes.
Yes, supply can't keep up with demand.

Hence janet (the second coming of reno) napalitano now considers all conservatives and especially vets of being more dangerous than real terrorists. Anyone that has filled out paperwork for ammo or arms is now on a watch list. That's a fact.:|err:|err:)hand

·
skiing Parker since 1960
645 Posts
I'm up in Idaho, me & the 'ol man have been to cabella's, blacksheep & outdoor sportsman, thus far, I've "scored, 2 boxes of .45 cal, $17.95, box of 50 rounds each. ALL the shelves are bare, except for shogun ammo :|err
I'm lookin for some .30 cal, M 1 carbine clips & ammo, with NO LUCK ?

·
639 Posts
I scored 1000 rds at Big 5 the other day of .40SW. They were completely out of 9mm.

I found a decent online source: www.cheaperthandirt.com Their prices are just o.k., but they actually had 9mm, but were out of .40SW. You just have to check your preferred places on a regular basis. I know that the Big 5 by my house gets boolitz every monday.

The problem is compounded by people stock piling...which is what I'm trying to do too.

·
Steady Rollin
1,153 Posts
for the semi-web savy people i've found this site to be quite useful.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php

Lots of good deals, kinda like a gas pricewatch website for ammo :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts