Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)bulb I think Chet should be banned.
The drama and insults bring the forum down and bring out the worst in everybody. Even if you put him on ignore you have to read other members' responses to his provocations.
It is the worst of HB all over again. . . .
Just a thought.
Peace be with you Chet, I wish you the best, I just hate all the unnecessary conflict.

Exhibit "A":
Chet's posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The drama and insults bring the forum down and bring out the worst in everybody. Even if you put him on ignore you have to read other members' responses to his provocations.
Just a thought.
Peace be with you Chet, I wish you the best, I just hate all the unnecessary conflict.

Exhibit "A":
Chet's posts
WOW its a good thing your not the moderator of this site. Chet can be a little harsh at times but its the internet. If your skins is really that soft than you have bigger issues than whats posted on the boards. What about the Slingers and all the other fake names on the boards should they be banned as well? I'm pretty sure the Hot Boat forums tried that and look how well its gone for them. If you don't like it why don't you post over there. Happy Turkey Day.

Jordan

http://www.hotboat.com/forums/index.php

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
WOW its a good thing your not the moderator of this site. Chet can be a little harsh at times but its the internet. If your skins is really that soft than you have bigger issues than whats posted on the boards. What about the Slingers and all the other fake names on the boards should they be banned as well? I'm pretty sure the Hot Boat forums tried that and look how well its gone for them. If you don't like it why don't you post over there. Happy Turkey Day.

Jordan

Exactly..............:)devil

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
Just a thought.

Exhibit "A":
Chet's posts
i find pro gas Chet and the slinger and all the rest very entertaining , you with your 9 hole post i am sorry you are offended ....but it is the Internet ... hell you properly don't like cartoons so my advice to you is TURN THE FUKING CHANNEL !!! its all in fun ..if you don't like what you see use your god given right AND DON'T LOOK...

BTW HAVE A NICE DAY...

BIG D NO REGRET$

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Point

WOW its a good thing your not the moderator of this site. Chet can be a little harsh at times but its the internet.
I have heard this phrase over and over but never understood why it being the internet is an excuse for rudeness.
fuelinmyveins82 said:
If your skins is really that soft than you have bigger issues than whats posted on the boards. What about the Slingers and all the other fake names on the boards should they be banned as well?
It's nothing personal to me, I just like jet boats and enjoy having a forum to exchange ideas and info about jet boats or boating without all the drama. Mutual respect and goodwill toward other boaters is a lot more enjoyable to me than reading people's personal attacks on each other. It is the equivalent of graffiti to me.
fuelinmyveins82 said:
I'm pretty sure the Hot Boat forums tried that and look how well its gone for them. If you don't like it why don't you post over there. Happy Turkey Day.
I do post occasionally over there, but as you know there isn't much action there anymore.
In hindsight my initial post, especially the title was probably overstated. I apologize to Chet for not PM'ing him before ranting; I realize this wasn't the right way to handle my frustration this morning. I am just really sick of drama for the sake of drama all the time, and you are right that it is not only Chet and I shouldn't have singled him out. I am sorry for having added to the drama.
Happy Thanksgiving to all, Chet, Jordan, and the rest. :)
MLC

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts

Jordan

hotboat died because the idiots shut the forums down for a year, not because they tried to ban guys like chet. I dont know about baning chet but i think mods should be more pro-activate in finding guys who only post negitive things. Chets probably really close to meeting that criteria.

I do think the mods should try to watch more of whats going on to help keep idiots out of threads where they dont belong to keep things on track rather than turning a thread with good info into a pain in the ass to read.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
negativity should not get you banned,,,, but posting under different
user name should get both names banned IMO

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
hotboat died because the idiots shut the forums down for a year, not because they tried to ban guys like chet. I dont know about baning chet but i think mods should be more pro-activate in finding guys who only post negitive things. Chets probably really close to meeting that criteria.

I do think the mods should try to watch more of whats going on to help keep idiots out of threads where they dont belong to keep things on track rather than turning a thread with good info into a pain in the ass to read.
So the fact that Hot Boat was banning people left and right had nothing to do w/ it??? If that were the case why didn't people go back when it re-opened?

Guys like Chet, the Slinger family, and the rest of the fake names draw attention. Why do you think the jet boat forum consistently has the largest number of people viewing? I'll tell you this, its not because they are into (or even appreciate) jets boats! Its because it is the most entertaining to read.

Just because you don't like what an individual has to say does not mean that they should be banned. What about the rest of us who find their posts entertaining? Should we be constrained to read only what you find appropriate? Ultimately I feel that people have the right to post what ever they want and you have the choice to read it. Simply put if you don't like it don't read it!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have heard this phrase over and over but never understood why it being the internet is an excuse for rudeness.
Its not an excuse for rudeness. What I am saying is that it should not be taken so personally. If some tool box (not the Tool Box) wants to talk trash under a name who cares. Chances are you don't even know who the individual is anyways.

It's nothing personal to me, I just like jet boats and enjoy having a forum to exchange ideas and info about jet boats or boating without all the drama. Mutual respect and goodwill toward other boaters is a lot more enjoyable to me than reading people's personal attacks on each other. It is the equivalent of graffiti to me.
While I appreciate that, certain individuals like to joke around and find entertainment in other way. After all this is a public forum and may not be suited to every ones tastes all the time.

I do post occasionally over there, but as you know there isn't much action there anymore.
I realize that and have stated my theory on why that is above.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Chet, Jordan, and the rest. :)
MLC
Thanks and happy T day to you as well.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Nobody likes what I say, do you think I should be banned too??? :)eh:)

Damn dude, grow some skin.;)

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Why if an individual is going to say something negative what difference does it make what name it is under?

If you have to post some trash why dont you just post it instead of hiding behind your other name? because chances are we dont know or care who you are anyway,

1 - 20 of 32 Posts