Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend- Sunday 9-4-11
we are having the annual "No Poker-Poker run" on the Sacramento River.

Loosely organized, we will meet up on the American River in the morning and raft up for a while with the big boats. Somewhere between 11 and noon we will head out to Swabbies, Virgin Sturgeon, and maybe Scott's Seafood for the afternoon.

Good fun, all boats are welcome to join in, and it's free. I believe there will be t-shirts for sale, and I also heard a rumor that there will be a radar gun in the bunch if anyone wants to do radar runs on the run up to Swabbies.

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
This weekend- Sunday 9-4-11
we are having the annual "No Poker-Poker run" on the Sacramento River.

Loosely organized, we will meet up on the American River in the morning and raft up for a while with the big boats. Somewhere between 11 and noon we will head out to Swabbies, Virgin Sturgeon, and maybe Scott's Seafood for the afternoon.

Good fun, all boats are welcome to join in, and it's free. I believe there will be t-shirts for sale, and I also heard a rumor that there will be a radar gun in the bunch if anyone wants to do radar runs on the run up to Swabbies.

We launched out of Discovery Park yesterday and some homeless guy told us about this run..also told us about the Radar gun..

decisions, decisions..

·
BANDAID DUDE!
415 Posts
Is there a better place up there to launch?? I did Discovery Park the other day and can only imagine its gonna be busy..The one next to Swabbies is a joke..they put the dock on the wrong side..you have to fight the current to get to the dock..What other choices are there besides "Stay home"??

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Is there a better place up there to launch?? I did Discovery Park the other day and can only imagine its gonna be busy..The one next to Swabbies is a joke..they put the dock on the wrong side..you have to fight the current to get to the dock..What other choices are there besides "Stay home"??
Miller park is just a few miles south of Discovery. Heard the parking lot isn't overnight friendly but a decent ramp though.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Thanks to Grads and HiMark Racing for the ride. I hope all the people that got ejected are OK. If anyone knows them, post an update.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

·
Banned
20 Posts
The day showed potential to be a fun day but after the accident and with all the idiot jet ski and boaters on the river we decided to pull the plug and put the boat back on the trailer. That girls screams are not something I will forget anytime soon. I wish everyone in the accident a quick recovery.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts