Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i go to crank my boat up that has been sitting for a few years. and try to turn it over. its getting spark all the way up to the coil but from the coil to the dizzy. the points are sparking and are gapped correctly.

could wires be an issue? i was just starting out simple and replacing cap, rotor, and wires.

any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
so i go to crank my boat up that has been sitting for a few years. and try to turn it over. its getting spark all the way up to the coil but from the coil to the dizzy. the points are sparking and are gapped correctly.

could wires be an issue? i was just starting out simple and replacing cap, rotor, and wires.

any other suggestions?
This makes no sense. All the way to the coil? spark come FROM the coil. do you mean it has 12 volts to the coil? That means very little. Your coil could be toast. specially if the "key" was left on for some time with the engine off, the last time it did run. replace the condenser first. Then check the coil. But I say it the coil if you have no spark. condenser usually only effect it a speed. You can lift the neg off the coil (with the points closed)and touch it on and off the coil terminal. If it doesn't spark thru the coil wire, your coil is toast.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no spark coming out of the coil as far as i can tell. i put a static light on the line going to the dizzy and put the wire from light on neg terminal on battery, it wont light up when i crank engine.

my coil is definitley good, when i put it in my VW its fires right up.

the coil has the wire from the dizzy going to the neg terminal and line from solenoid to the positive side.

·
Registered
580 Posts
no spark coming out of the coil as far as i can tell. i put a static light on the line going to the dizzy and put the wire from light on neg terminal on battery, it wont light up when i crank engine.

the coil has the wire from the dizzy going to the neg terminal and line from solenoid to the positive side.
If you have 12V to the coil ground out the - side of coil several times and see if you have spark out of coil from coil wire to dizzy. File the points they will get corroded and not get contact.

·
Registered
580 Posts

Put the test light on the wire out of the dizzy and go to + side of battery crank engine and see if it flashes, if it doen't then it is in the points or condenser.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts