Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former HB visitor
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedometer on my Hallett 270 just stopped working? Where is the sending unit/intake located?

Ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
If it's force fed water speedo, the pick up (pitot tube) could be mounted on the transom (hangs below the bottom of the boat), or the more likely scenario the pick up is located at the front of the out-drive.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
If a late Merc. its just above the nose cone (small hole), most times gets plugged from hitting debris and plugs the hole, somtimes they blow the hose out at the mating surfaces of the drive, cheesey little plastic POS.

Good luck!

BTW GPS Speedo's are the bomb!;)

GT :)hand

·
Former HB visitor
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's force fed water speedo, the pick up (pitot tube) could be mounted on the transom (hangs below the bottom of the boat), or the more likely scenario the pick up is located at the front of the out-drive.
If a late Merc. its just above the nose cone (small hole), most times gets plugged from hitting debris and plugs the hole, somtimes they blow the hose out at the mating surfaces of the drive, cheesey little plastic POS.

Good luck!

BTW GPS Speedo's are the bomb!;)

GT :)hand

Heading out Tuesday night. I will check for a block. Hope I don't have to drop the thing to connect a POS hose.

Thanks and Happy New Year

I may just rely on the handheld GPS!:D

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Heading out Tuesday night. I will check for a block. Hope I don't have to drop the thing to connect a POS hose.

Thanks and Happy New Year

I may just rely on the handheld GPS!:D
It's really cold out, so your ears freeze at 40, and the tip of your dick breaks off at 60. Who needs a speedo? :D

Usually it's the little hole on the front of the drive, a small drill bit turned in by hand will unplug it. If you're coming to Havasu and need anything, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts