Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to run the boat on the hose today and i wasnt getting anything out the dump line, was flowing out the pump fine.....

I didnt turn the hose up all the way, should i try more pressure? Im running a presure reliefe valve, but i wouldnt think it would stop the flow and if it did, it would dump it out the side....

Should i try again with more pressure...

the river is 2 min from my pad, but dont want to load up for this little run

·
Done....
990 Posts
Steve-Crank the pressure all the way up. I just ran mine last night. Had to do the same. Run the motor first...obviously, then crank the hose up all the way. Is this concern on the Caribbean?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You crank that hose too high and you can force water past your head gaskets. Be careful. Had to rebuild a jet ski motor cause the hose had too much pressure.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok were good to go now, i have to be smarter then the average bear:|err

I just shut off the pump and got all kind of water flowing thru the hull:)devil

Thanks .......

·
Done....
990 Posts
You crank that hose too high and you can force water past your head gaskets. Be careful. Had to rebuild a jet ski motor cause the hose had too much pressure.
If i'm not mistaken, an average hose pressure only flows 10psi plus. I put a pressure guage to my motor and ran water to it and only read 10psi water flow. I was trying to get near ballpark when pre-setting my pressure regulator on the trailer. Might have been a weak water pressure though.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, an average hose pressure only flows 10psi plus. I put a pressure guage to my motor and ran water to it and only read 10psi water flow. I was trying to get near ballpark when pre-setting my pressure regulator on the trailer. Might have been a weak water pressure though.
Your mistaken. Most house water pressure regulators are well above 10 psi. Mine is set at 65. I have 120 coming up the main. Gotta love Norco water pressure!!!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
40-60 is average.. can be more or less though.

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Steve if you need any help I will make myself available tomorrow, just let me know.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
We're way over 10. I haven't had water pressure like this in a long time. The hose will do the "Cobra Snake" dance at full tilt. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Put yer old pump back on, shitcan the gauge and lets go.

And shitcan all that extra water bullshit unless you find you NEED it. I've never had any of that crap and I dont believe I've ever seen it before in person. No no no, leave it...just do the pump thing. You up for Mochoppy in the morning? PM me on the "other" site.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Put yer old pump back on, shitcan the gauge and lets go.

And shitcan all that extra water bullshit unless you find you NEED it. I've never had any of that crap and I dont believe I've ever seen it before in person. No no no, leave it...just do the pump thing. You up for Mochoppy in the morning? PM me on the "other" site.

Well , why don't you tell me how you really feel:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is................ see the water coming out the side of the boat? this flow you see is at idle so.............just adjust your house spicket to where you have the same amount of water coming out of the that same hole. DO NOT TURN IT ON ALL THE WAY! very little at a time till it looks the same as if you were idleing in the water.;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts