Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the police came to the cabin this weekend in alberta telling me i had lots of noise complains about my boat so what are the laws i have water injected open basset headers:|err:|err:|err

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup they came and gave me a stern warning well in one ear out the other and i carred on as normal wow much money is it to swith over to going thru the transom thanks colin its a 468 big block chevy on a hondo jet

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
Where were you running your boat? On the water or in the driveway?

Fab up a "cheap" modular muffler system that you can stab into the header pipes if you're running it in the driveway. Should keep the neighbors from complaining.......if that is the case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was on the lake i have a bunch of aholes on the lake just jelous they dont have a boat like it has anone tried the super trap inserts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I'd talk to Tom (jbp), those shot gun mufflers look like the ticket to me. Pull them shut when the db meter is out. Open them up when LEO goes away.

·
Registered
418 Posts
well the police came to the cabin this weekend in alberta telling me i had lots of noise complains about my boat so what are the laws i have water injected open basset headers:|err:|err:|err
Canadian law requires all boats to run either below the water exhaust or "muffled" exhaust. There is no DB reading but they do define that a "muffler" must be "an expansion chamber in the exhaust tract designed to adequatly reduce the exhaust noise". Thats paraphrasing but its worded very close to that. I do not believe one can do ANYthing to a set of OT's, dry or otherwise, in Canada to make them legal, except of course run them the required distance from shore when open exhaust is legal, which is like 5 miles or something and thats obviously catered to the offshore crowd.

My old tunnel had thru transom Bassetts water injected which dumped below the waterline at idle and I still got a ticket once. I suppose if I was on a large body of water I could try to claim I'd idle out to the 5 mile limit but the min I am on plane within I "could" get a ticket. Putting a legal expansion chamber in a set of OT's is probably not very feasable so for all intents and purposes I consider OT's "illegal" in Canada.

·
Registered
517 Posts
super traps

i was on the lake i have a bunch of aholes on the lake just jelous they dont have a boat like it has anone tried the super trap inserts

I ran some supertraps for a while, they seemed to quiet down my 396ci pretty good. I finally took them off because they would make the dirty water fall on the transome of the boat. They made no noticeable decrease in power.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
All I can say is l):ameJust a bunch of charlie rent a dick's being aholes! Fock em. If you have water going through them there should be no problemo amigo. They probably have nothing better to do. I dont know but sounds bogus to me. Keep making noise.:)devil:D

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Canadian law requires all boats to run either below the water exhaust or "muffled" exhaust. There is no DB reading but they do define that a "muffler" must be "an expansion chamber in the exhaust tract designed to adequatly reduce the exhaust noise". Thats paraphrasing but its worded very close to that. I do not believe one can do ANYthing to a set of OT's, dry or otherwise, in Canada to make them legal, except of course run them the required distance from shore when open exhaust is legal, which is like 5 miles or something and thats obviously catered to the offshore crowd.

My old tunnel had thru transom Bassetts water injected which dumped below the waterline at idle and I still got a ticket once. I suppose if I was on a large body of water I could try to claim I'd idle out to the 5 mile limit but the min I am on plane within I "could" get a ticket. Putting a legal expansion chamber in a set of OT's is probably not very feasable so for all intents and purposes I consider OT's "illegal" in Canada.
SHOTGUNS !!!! :)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never head a problem this year on my waterless shorty Bassets, though I did weld in a pair of hardin insert mufflers. Blew through Edmonton 3 times a week. Did go through 3 Aluminum impellers though. Should have bought one stainless.

Passed the RCMP and fish/wildlife boats at speed several times making lots of noise and throwing a 300' rooster.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Never head a problem this year on my waterless shorty Bassets, though I did weld in a pair of hardin insert mufflers. Blew through Edmonton 3 times a week. Did go through 3 Aluminum impellers though. Should have bought one stainless.

Passed the RCMP and fish/wildlife boats at speed several times making lots of noise and throwing a 300' rooster.

Probably going to have alot less hassle on the rivers I would think. Hell half the time you will have a much much better boat than the rcmp if you even see them at all lol

Hooli you're just a nutcase anyway, you dont count. I think there is an exemption if your "pleasure" boat has an A motor in it and runs race fuel lol
:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
iam on skeleton lake hey zerophobic i see u are on snowandmud now nice pic of your boat on there looks killer:D yeah iam leaving my boat the same there going to get over it haaaaaaaa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts