Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read an article in the local paper about the snow pack in the Sierras. It's at 67% of normal do to a dry March and April. It doesn't look good for our lakes this year.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Just read an article in the local paper about the snow pack in the Sierras. It's at 67% of normal do to a dry March and April. It doesn't look good for our lakes this year.

The lack of snowpack is not the only problem. The water managers at all of our large reservoirs seem to have their heads in a dark and smelly place. Water has been released faster than it is flowing in all spring already, and it's only the first of May. Would like to know the logic behind this squandering of a valuable resource.

Check it out for yourself at http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/current/RES As of this morning at Shasta, Oroville, Melones, and Pedro were all releasing water faster than they were catching it.

Looks like a lot of time on the delta this year for me.

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
THER SAYING THE BIG D WORD !!!!remember you guys can still play in my backyard !!!!TUNNELT:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Then we will boat in the next best place....Tahoe!

Beg to differ, TAHOE tops the list as my favorite boating site. And Tahoe is down from the last couple of years also, and looks to be peaking early.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was up at 7500' here in the central sierras yesterday and was shocked to see how little snow was left from our once promising snow pack. Probably 50% of the dirt was exposed--no snow, and although the temperature was fairly warm, the streams did not seem very high. Hurry, someone plug up those dams to catch what is left.

·
Live it!
215 Posts
Beg to differ, TAHOE tops the list as my favorite boating site. And Tahoe is down from the last couple of years also, and looks to be peaking early.
Yup...you are right. Gonna be lots of rocks showing come summer. Ya all watch those drives and wheels.

Just took this last week @ Carnelian Bay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts