Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turner: Bolts not as good as outsiders think

By BERNIE WILSON, AP Sports Writer 28 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO (AP)—Whether he’s trying to deflect criticism of his play-calling or delivering some kind of pre-emptive strike, coach Norv Turner has a message for fans—the San Diego Chargers aren’t as good as outsiders think they are.

But he said Monday at the start of his weekly news conference that he believes the team can get there.
The Chargers (1-1) lost their home opener on Sunday to the Baltimore Ravens, 31-26.
Although Philip Rivers(notes) threw for a career-high 436 yards, fans booed when Turner called for a field goal on third-and-goal on the Baltimore 5 with 10 seconds to go before halftime.
San Diego’s final drive ended when Ray Lewis(notes) stuffed Darren Sproles(notes) on fourth-and-2 from the Baltimore 15 in the closing seconds.

Well there you have it Charger fans!!!! Straight from the horses mouth or should I say ASSHOLE. Nothing about his crappy play calling like the field goal on 3rd down at the half from the 5 yr line with 10 seconds to go, lets see, 3 receivers at 6'5" and a QB hotter than a firecracker and we dont take a quick shot and still have time for the chickenshit 3 points. I could go on but what for, as long as this cancer is the coach we are doomed:mad: NSF

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Once again quiet day from Charger fans after a heart breaking loss. I've said from the beginning that Norv Turner is worthless as a head coach always have and always will. But is it his fault or the guys that ran Bobby Ross and Marty out town? Now maybe you can understand why Eli didn't want to come to San Diego. The ownership SUCKS!!!!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Once again quiet day from Charger fans after a heart breaking loss. I've said from the beginning that Norv Turner is worthless as a head coach always have and always will. But is it his fault or the guys that ran Bobby Ross and Marty out town? Now maybe you can understand why Eli didn't want to come to San Diego. The ownership SUCKS!!!!
I use to go insane watching him coach the Skins. So, I know how you guys feel. But, I'm sure glad he's out of DC!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would gloat but I am still too pissed off about losing Jay Cutler
I still cant believe we are 2 and 0 with Kyle Orton

·
Registered
550 Posts
The guy always sucked as a head coach and always will...He has no command presence, and is weak !!!!

Marty are u still available....??

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Here I was wishing for a field goal at the end of the half....

I can't believe the Chief's lost to the faiders again. :mad:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Turner: Bolts not as good as outsiders think

By BERNIE WILSON, AP Sports Writer 28 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO (AP)—Whether he’s trying to deflect criticism of his play-calling or delivering some kind of pre-emptive strike, coach Norv Turner has a message for fans—the San Diego Chargers aren’t as good as outsiders think they are.

But he said Monday at the start of his weekly news conference that he believes the team can get there.
The Chargers (1-1) lost their home opener on Sunday to the Baltimore Ravens, 31-26.
Although Philip Rivers(notes) threw for a career-high 436 yards, fans booed when Turner called for a field goal on third-and-goal on the Baltimore 5 with 10 seconds to go before halftime.
San Diego’s final drive ended when Ray Lewis(notes) stuffed Darren Sproles(notes) on fourth-and-2 from the Baltimore 15 in the closing seconds.

Well there you have it Charger fans!!!! Straight from the horses mouth or should I say ASSHOLE. Nothing about his crappy play calling like the field goal on 3rd down at the half from the 5 yr line with 10 seconds to go, lets see, 3 receivers at 6'5" and a QB hotter than a firecracker and we dont take a quick shot and still have time for the chickenshit 3 points. I could go on but what for, as long as this cancer is the coach we are doomed:mad: NSF
Sorry for your pain (NOT), but I hear Sperm Edwards is looking for a job. ;)

See you guys soon. :D

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
Look at all the Super Bowl winning coaches out there right now:
- Cower
- Shanahan
- Gruden
...I think there are a few more.

Cower will come back when he feels like it. Gruden and Shanahan are ready right now. IMHO it's only a matter of time until the Norv Turner infatuation wears thin. Jeezus, they canned Marty after a 14-2 season...

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
I feel your pain. The Noboys have gone TWELVE YEARS without a post-season win. :|err Jerry let the best coach in football get away because he won three Super Bowls and Jones didn't get the credit he felt he deserved. Well we know now that Jerry can build stadiums but not football teams.

Now we got Wade the Wuss and Romo the ****. I wonder if we have a losing record at half season will Jerry fire Phillips, give Jason Garrett the job, sit **** down and let Kitna run the team? Can't be any worse than it is now. :|err

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Jeezus, they canned Marty after a 14-2 season...

That may have been the stupidest move since Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson. Schotty is a great coach.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Norv Turner has never been succesful, anywhere. The Chargers fired Marty in February and by that time all the good coaches were already signed.

I think everyone in the world knew the last play of the game, could he have really thought that Sproles was gonna get that yard against that defense on a DRAW? Come on!

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
Norv Turner has never been succesful, anywhere. The Chargers fired Marty in February and by that time all the good coaches were already signed.
He's won as an offensive coordinator, and that's it.
Pure failure as a head coach.

That was a while ago...what's their excuse for this season?
There's plenty of winning coaches out there right now, ripe for the picking.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I have a friend that played for him when he was an assistant at USC and then for one year when he was with the Rams. He was saying that he always had a defeatist attitude. Real piece of crap. He was really good at destroying morale.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
i agree, letting go of Schotty was a HUGE mistake, and we just have to ride this whole Turner thing out, i hope he makes me eat my words, but for now im pretty confident i will never owe him an appology!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Jeezus, they canned Marty after a 14-2 season...

That may have been the stupidest move since Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson. Schotty is a great coach.
Problem wasn't Marty being a bad coach. He just never could win in the post season. The team went 14-2 that year and how many post seasons wins did they have?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Someone needs to let Fox, CBS and the NFL Network know that the real experts aren't working for them they are RIGHT HERE. Seriously though, Turner isn't the best coach in the league, but he is the best coach the Chargers have right now.

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Problem wasn't Marty being a bad coach. He just never could win in the post season. The team went 14-2 that year and how many post seasons wins did they have?
How many teams don't even make the post season? Only 1 team wins the whole thing ever year but if you don't make post season you don't have a shot. Norv ran the offense for my Niners in 2006 and was a joke. he can't even be a good offensive coordinator either anymore.

Year Age Tm Lg G W L T W-L% G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank Notes
1994 42 Washington Redskins NFL 16 3 13 0 .188 5
1995 43 Washington Redskins NFL 16 6 10 0 .375 3
1996 44 Washington Redskins NFL 16 9 7 0 .563 3
1997 45 Washington Redskins NFL 16 8 7 1 .533 2
1998 46 Washington Redskins NFL 16 6 10 0 .375 4
1999 47 Washington Redskins NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 2 1 1 .500 1
2000 48 Washington Redskins NFL 13 7 6 0 .538 3
2004 52 Oakland Raiders NFL 16 5 11 0 .313 4
2005 53 Oakland Raiders NFL 16 4 12 0 .250 4
2007 55 San Diego Chargers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 3 2 1 .667 1
2008 56 San Diego Chargers NFL 16 8 8 0 .500 2 1 1 .500 1