Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
What are you running? BBC 496? 150 shot? I have a 496 BBC with a 200 shot, looking for a TX-19 to put it in. It is in a 76 Hallet 19' right now but it weighs too much and I gps'd at 86. Will the TX make that much difference. If so I can't wait to get mine!!!

·
on 3 go.....
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New Motor

Your 19 is dialed, sounds legit too. What kind of numbers are you looking for with the new mill?
Thanks guys,
That was a 555 with a 150 shot. We ran 114 with it, then Mike D. ran 136 with it in his daytona.
The new motor will be set up to work a little better in our lagoon,(1000' and hit the brakes) We're installing a pop-off valve to be safe.

Just trying to keep up with the boys and still have a river boat.

Need4speed,
You put your set-up into a daytona, your looking at 115 boat, if not better.

See you guys down there

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
What are you running? BBC 496? 150 shot? I have a 496 BBC with a 200 shot, looking for a TX-19 to put it in. It is in a 76 Hallet 19' right now but it weighs too much and I gps'd at 86. Will the TX make that much difference. If so I can't wait to get mine!!!
Is that 86 on the bottle??? That Hallet will run a number if you get it set up right. Gotta do the bottom and set up the pump, its a perfect sleeper...Just ask HBJet. ;)

Boat looks and sounds good Slow Burn.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i'm about at the same motor you have, i'm runnin a 13.6 to 1 505bbc and with a 200hp 1st stage, i run 107-108 gps;) haven't laid into the other 200hp 2nd stage yet:D

awesome riding gullwing!!:)devil that's what i'm shooting for, nicely air'd out , and not nose high.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Nice, I like the ride attitude, nice and safe for a "lake boat" :)devil

Sleeper CP :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
i'm about at the same motor you have, i'm runnin a 13.6 to 1 505bbc and with a 200hp 1st stage, i run 107-108 gps;) haven't laid into the other 200hp 2nd stage yet:D
It will be interesting to hear your results. I have a friend that had a 300hp fogger and a 200 plate, he blew his 572" up 3 times trying to catch my brothers and my boat. It would seem the intake track can only ingest so much(heads and cam) the rest goes to waist. He never quite got what he was looking for out of that second system ( he did get holed piston though).

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
No not on the bottle, it s a project I hope to finish by this winter. I have the cheater kit installed but I still need to install a cpu to regulate everything right, so I have not opened it up yet.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Is that 86 on the bottle??? That Hallet will run a number if you get it set up right. Gotta do the bottom and set up the pump, its a perfect sleeper...Just ask HBJet. ;)

No not on the bottle, it s a project I hope to finish by this winter. I have the cheater kit installed but I still need to install a cpu to regulate everything right, so I have not opened it up yet.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Is that 86 on the bottle??? That Hallet will run a number if you get it set up right. Gotta do the bottom and set up the pump, its a perfect sleeper.
Mike

Where's that video someone took of you and Mike (Cyclone) running the river? Or maybe it was Cyclone that shot it. Can't member now. Your Hallet was riding kickass in that video. Nice n clean.

Ran into a guy that was running a Hallet this past weekend. He had never gps'd it and asked to borrow mine. I'm thinking the humbler is gonna get him. Not! He went out and ran an 81mph pass with a near stock 502 single carb and not a lot of pump work. Needless to say............I was impressed.

O.k. and maybe just a little pissed.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
It will be interesting to hear your results. I have a friend that had a 300hp fogger and a 200 plate, he blew his 572" up 3 times trying to catch my brothers and my boat. It would seem the intake track can only ingest so much(heads and cam) the rest goes to waist. He never quite got what he was looking for out of that second system ( he did get holed piston though).

the electronics and safety's are in place to keep that from happening;) i've hit the 2nd stage before and it just shut off both stages after 2 seconds(the fuel pressure safety's went below 8psi, so it shut itself off) and it scared me , i wasn't prepared for how hard it was pulling;) i would never try to mph on more than 200hp anyways or hold the nitrous on longer than 800ft. besides, the 2nd stage is just there for et :)bulb i was runnin 99-101 on motor with the a.t. impellor, haven't gps'd with this new aggressor impellor yet, haven't had time:)st

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Mud-Bottom has already been blueprinted on the Hallett.
I know Trav;)...I was suggesting to Need4Speed to get his done. It will run well with a 496 on a 200hp shot.:)devil

Mike

Where's that video someone took of you and Mike (Cyclone) running the river? Or maybe it was Cyclone that shot it. Can't member now. Your Hallet was riding kickass in that video. Nice n clean.

Ran into a guy that was running a Hallet this past weekend. He had never gps'd it and asked to borrow mine. I'm thinking the humbler is gonna get him. Not! He went out and ran an 81mph pass with a near stock 502 single carb and not a lot of pump work. Needless to say............I was impressed.

O.k. and maybe just a little pissed.
I have it on my computer....I'll try to upload it. Busby took the video while riding in Cyclones boat last year. I did a bit of pump work since that video and the boat should be running even better.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I know Trav...I was suggesting to Need4Speed to get his done. It will run well with a 496 on a 200hp shot.

I have it on my computer....I'll try to upload it. Busby took the video while riding in Cyclones boat last year. I did a bit of pump work since that video and the boat should be running even better.
Jeesh Mike, Travis knows that boat by the back of his hand, and you have to go and be all "Snappy" about it sheesh!:)hand

1 - 18 of 18 Posts