Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Nos. system to use on a N/A motor? I was thinking up to 200 shot! :D Big shot,Sniper,Top shot,ETC.????? Any recomendation! WT:)devil

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Big shot starts at 225hp
Sniper max is 150hp that feels lite about 25hp
I would probably say a cheater kit.
If you can find an old top gun kit they kick some seroius ass and dont burn parts.
Man I wish I still had that one.
I cant say I like the NX kits.....usualy leaves some carnage.

My .02

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
nitrous express hitman kit:)devil i've owned 2 of them, both work great, never froze up, never a solenoid failure:)bulb i'm runnin a 100-800hp nitrous express 2stage kit now and it hits harrddddd:)grn fuel/nitrous distribution looks great on the plugs too.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
im with tom i have used a nx express hitman kit for 2 years.never ever a single problem.and i use it alot,lol!!!!:)devilvery good kit for the money and goes up to 200 shot.i use 150 and have used the 200 on hyp.pistons and just keeps on going.i went threw alot of nos the past 2 years.:D

my brother bryan has the zex kit which looks awesome but has yet to use it do to his mill problems that keep screwing him up:|err

imo most all of the companys produce good budget kits.except the sniper kit just dont like it,but may work good?

remember to read your plugs,check timing and fuel pressures and give her hell.:)LegHump

·
CarbGuy
80 Posts
What is the best Nos. system to use on a N/A motor? I was thinking up to 200 shot! :D Big shot,Sniper,Top shot,ETC.????? Any recomendation! WT:)devil
Asking what the BEST is, is like asking brands of cars, beers, or type of women. Everyone will have their own opinion, and there really aren't any bad answers at that point.

In the type of HP range you're looking for most companies will make a decent kit.

I would look for one that gives you the following:
- The best support after the fact
- The most complete kit (and information) so you can get everything you're going to need
- Room to grow... You're always going to want more..

More is always better :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Asking what the BEST is, is like asking brands of cars, beers, or type of women. Everyone will have their own opinion, and there really aren't any bad answers at that point.

In the type of HP range you're looking for most companies will make a decent kit.

I would look for one that gives you the following:
- The best support after the fact
- The most complete kit (and information) so you can get everything you're going to need
- Room to grow... You're always going to want more..

More is always better :D

Now thats a sick Reher & Morrison engine! :)devil

Just stay away from the NOS kit...all im saying...you will get about 70% of power that they actually advertise.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
]nos kits have cheesy looking and working solenoids as well, ugly kits.nx stuff is purdyyyy:D

notalent, you're a texan now, gotta represent ya fella texans in wichita falls tx., nx:)devil:D

Attachments

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
im with tom i have used a nx express hitman kit for 2 years.never ever a single problem.and i use it alot,lol!!!!:)devilvery good kit for the money and goes up to 200 shot.i use 150 and have used the 200 on hyp.pistons and just keeps on going.i went threw alot of nos the past 2 years.:D

my brother bryan has the zex kit which looks awesome but has yet to use it do to his mill problems that keep screwing him up:|err

imo most all of the companys produce good budget kits.except the sniper kit just dont like it,but may work good?

remember to read your plugs,check timing and fuel pressures and give her hell.:)LegHump
Be cool if you could find one of the hitman kits.

Lots of kits out there that can/will work well if in the right hands. NOS IS NOT A TUNE UP TOOL!!!!!!!!!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
you will get about 70% of power that they actually advertise.
I'm not sure I buy that statement.

Advertised tuneups always make what they should make when setup the way they want it, probably more. When you get the tune up right (advertised tune ups are not right) it will make way more power, We made over 300 on a "175".

I would get something high quality like Speedtech, wilson or Edelbrock.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, I guess I should have said what does best on a N/A motor! LOL! IYO'S Tom,Travis is not dark it's light you can't see it!! LOL! We will be FLY-N this next year! WT:)devil Thanks!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm not sure I buy that statement.

Advertised tuneups always make what they should make when setup the way they want it, probably more. When you get the tune up right (advertised tune ups are not right) it will make way more power, We made over 300 on a "175".

I would get something high quality like Speedtech, wilson or Edelbrock.

Chris.
Thats fine....we will. We have tried 6 kits from NOS and all the same story. From a basic kit to an adjustable kit. Jumped to the ZEX and like John Madden says......BOOM! :D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
yeah, no shit! get ahold of Steelcomp, he can hook you up:D What the hell is NOS and do I need it?

lmfao:)sphssyeah just looked at mine i lose to.;)

the biggest problem with nos kits of any brand is peeps dont now what they are doing with the set-up.

chris hit the nail no the head.:)hand

1 - 18 of 18 Posts