Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Some guy
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would put up a teaser photo to kind of preview a nostalgia engine build I am doing for a certain board member,, with a mechanical fuel injection that came from a certain other board member. If there is enough interest, I will post a complete write up of the engine build, and hopefully the dyno run after it's completed.

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
Add me to the interested list. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Thought I would put up a teaser photo to kind of preview a nostalgia engine build I am doing for a certain board member,, with a mechanical fuel injection that came from a certain other board member. If there is enough interest, I will post a complete write up of the engine build, and hopefully the dyno run after it's completed.

Barry,
The more write ups we have the better it is for the board. I hope you document it and post it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
PLEASE do a build write up It was your 468 build that inspired my 468 build and it was featured in the March Performance Boats Magazine. Keep em coming Barry

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Barry, in the first write-up episode please tell us about that timing cover. I've never seen one like that. Appears to be a gear driven offset pump(s)??? Who makes it? Jocko

·
Some guy
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Barry, in the first write-up episode please tell us about that timing cover. I've never seen one like that. Appears to be a gear driven offset pump(s)??? Who makes it? Jocko
I think you need a time machine to get one, I believe it's an old Nordskog, but there are no markings on it.

·
steelcomp was here
26,516 Posts

Um...something's missing...:D
Write it up...sounds like a fun build. :thumb:

·
Some guy
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Enjoy following these, looks like Art's injection from his Daytona maybe?
That's a good eye, I have already been in touch with Art to get some information about it. Hopefully I will be learning a bunch on this engine, as I have never put together an engine with mechanical injection. What makes this one even more fun is that it's going into an old Mandella that may run in the Parker 300.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
That's a good eye, I have already been in touch with Art to get some information about it. Hopefully I will be learning a bunch on this engine, as I have never put together an engine with mechanical injection. What makes this one even more fun is that it's going into an old Mandella that may run in the Parker 300.
How cool is that!....Look forward to the progress.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes please Mr. Obler!

Your build threads are always a learning experience for the rookies (like myself) as well as people that are seasoned veterans. This looks like a really cool build and I'd love to watch it progress!

Ian

·
Some guy
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like it may make some noise on Tuesday, took a couple of days to set up some cable brackets and plumbing on the dyno. Just need to connect water and prime the fuel system.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks like it may make some noise on Tuesday, took a couple of days to set up some cable brackets and plumbing on the dyno. Just need to connect water and prime the fuel system.

BITCHIN! Just plain BITHCIN!! I love it!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts