Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Murphy's law will strike later...
The hell it will; Porsche has had their flat six well figured out for decades now and contrary to what one's instinct may say in regards to any opposed-six engine design in general, Porsche has made theirs damn-near bulletproof, as they've proven over and over in racing. Frankly, the dynomometer test with computer simulated G-force testing (tilting the motor simulates oil sloshing imposed by the g-forces) is an excellent example of the extents to which Porsche goes to make these engines live and run as outstandingly as they do.

By the way, while watching that video we should all consider how it somewhat parallels (or is at least is indicative of) the slosh experience the oil in our 10-14 quart wet sump marine pans is subjected to when just bombing around on the lake, let alone any racing applications.

Good oil control is paramount in all engines; consider that the majority of the time that most experience engine failure it is usually due to (or there is a sign of) lack of lubrication for one reason or another.

LO

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Germans build some good Shit.

I like them or the Japanese to develop a SOHC 3 valve Vetec 565-600" big block. 1,000+ hp pump gas :)bulb :D

Sleeper CP :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sleeper is that how you drive that big ford,8 foot chop.
That would be more like one of your style boat's. I'd sure like to use the sump system they have on that baby. I wounder if it's a dry-sump.

What ever it is it sure works, good.

The funny thing is when you are standing there watching your engine get dyno'ed most people are nervous when their engine is just reving to 7,000.

That thing would give most people a heart attach......and kill our engines. Something to be said for the flat six and the sump in that thing.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Seems like it would have to be dry sumped and the pick ups in all 4 corners of the pan.I bet you could build a 10 qt box pan and weld in pick ups front and rear then go to a manifold to a single stage pump out through a filter and back in main galley.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Thats one helluva test. Ive seen oil press fluctuate on hard shutdowns or hard turns in my boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts