Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

mo balls than $cents$
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a odd duck cheetah 18 winger last may and stuck it back while I built another twin turbo ls setup to put into it and now that motor is wrapped up I'm turning attention to the boat. Cheetah hull from the wicked molds, in decent shape but has a full setback Jacob Gonzales thinks he set at 4.5*. Haven't double checked yet. Rideplate when I bought it is at the normal gull-wing 4* start point and had a full berk droop, ftn hyd diverter, b1 loader and b1 back cut shoe. Sticking a straight edge to the bottom of rideplate out past nozzle had the nozzle dragging below plate line about a inch and a half, all vids and pix of this boat I've seen look like it's too flat as if pd nozzle is pushing bow down. A 2*wedge raises it up quite a bit over the rideplate line. Local fella had a 2nd design aggressor mini droop local cheap so I snagged it to try. Installed it has the lowest part of nozzle 2inches above rideplate line.
In the past I've set nozzle height to the bottom of boat but it'd drag like hell on this gull-wing if I did. With the aggressor mini droop the end of nozzle is as far back as guys with normal half back pump placement on a gull-wing so I'm inclined to go with the mini aggressor for a season even tho it's 3.5 .

Nozzle height by rideplate line or off the bottom on the boat in this weird situation? Boat ran 95 with 650hp and had to be dragging nozzle when it did it seeing it hung below rideplate line. Dropping maybe 100lbs from the bilge area and dropping 1100+ hp into it. Instincts tell me to treat it like it's got a low profile intake , run the mini , let the hp and back cut do some of the lift work instead of a super low thrustline that drags nozzle below plate 馃 don't want another gull-wing that runs so damn dry it only loads for 550ft or so, I fought that with my condor tx19馃憥 any ideas?

Also does anyone makes a hyd stop kit, can make one but rather snag one up ? Will be 660ft racing this deal and plan to enter the sdba lake racer class late summer to get some rope experience and get the boat on clocks. Has a 100mph limit so boost will be way down. Leash timer triggered by wot hopefully for consistency on nozzle of course once i figure out height situation .

Premium Member
Ditch the droop :))THumbsUp

mo balls than $cents$
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ditch the droop :))THumbsUp
That's what I'm thinking too Mike. If I use a 2* wedge to bring the nozzle above rideplate line it basically puts nozzle height the same as the mini droop gasketed to bowl. Surely the mini would help cut down on bow rise at the hit also. Can buy a Nelson adjustable wedge to get the mini back a tad further and degree it down lower if need be. I'll drag it out this wknd and get pix

Premium Member
That's what I'm thinking too Mike. If I use a 2* wedge to bring the nozzle above rideplate line it basically puts nozzle height the same as the mini droop gasketed to bowl. Surely the mini would help cut down on bow rise at the hit also. Can buy a Nelson adjustable wedge to get the mini back a tad further and degree is down lower if need be. I'll drag it out this wknd and get pix

Might try a straight also :no:

Premium Member
See what the plate angle is a put a straight edge on the plate and see where the droop sits .. That plate looks really pulled up

mo balls than $cents$
Discussion Starter #8
Was at 4* then when I brought it home. 19" plate looks long on it since it has more rideplate past the transom than most gull-wings. Will be fun dealing with a new efi system noone has ever ran on a dragboat plus this odd shit with the pump馃槣

mo balls than $cents$
Discussion Starter #10
You'd probably have the best luck with one of our straight Snoots on that setup.
Thanx for the suggestion Duane , wanna try this short droop for awhile and see how it does. All the local outlaw racing here is 660-700ft stuff and I'm hoping the mini is a happy medium. Maybe less distance from transom on the nozzle will help intake stayed sealed off on this deal. I'll be in touch soon for a pump brace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts