Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
two different styles

If you have the old style, there is not engough beef to machine out. If you have the newer style with the flat bottom then all you have to do is get someone to open it up to the appropriate size.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
Just send it back to Place they'll do it for ya.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
At the moment mine is 3-1/16.

·
Registered
121 Posts
At the moment mine is 3-1/16.
Mine was machined aleady. I experiment with 3 1/8-3 1/16 amd 3 3/32. Each one gives a distinctive ride. 3 1/16 gives me better pf. Should have it machined or tap it to change it out as needed.

Place has nozel reducers by color code ready to install with one screw.

If your nozel is 3.25", Anyone with a mill can cut it for ya...almost never does a 3.25" nozel get the pf on a lake boat.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
So what size does everybody end up running?
mine is 3-1/8"
currently, i'm using 3.03, 3.02, and 3.00. for my deal, 3.075 or 3.08 seems to be the best combination for et (acceleration) and speed, but i'll be doing some more testing. i made a 3.05 that was a bit different than a standard ftn, tried it last weekend, and the holeshot was much harder.

just keep them coated with antisieze, remove them after every trip and clean them up. i've seen these things weld themselves to the nozzle, and they can be very difficult to remove. with the ftn's from rex at $50.00 a pop, you want to keep them in good shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts