Crap. What will this fokktard screw up next? :)sphss

·
Banned
1,019 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
He's right.
You are confused. It is simply more time for him to indoctrinate the kids.

More and more, quality education must start at home.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Theres no money to pay teachers now or for supplies. Hows this gonna work? Hmmmm..I guess the parents at each school are going to take turns paying salaries..Good luck

·
Banned
1,019 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I like your John Wayne quote. You must live a VERY tough life. :)hand
Hey dolt, did you even read the article?

The president, who has a sixth-grader and a third-grader, wants schools to add time to classes, to stay open late and to let kids in on weekends so they have a safe place to go.
Huh? A safe place to go? What happened to HOME!!!!

How much more will this cost?

If I read this correctly, the Asian students have less school hours but score higher. The time is not the problem. The school programs and lack of parenting are the problems.

R

·
0 Posts
Theres no money to pay teachers now or for supplies. Hows this gonna work? Hmmmm..I guess the parents at each school are going to take turns paying salaries..Good luck

Seems to me he's a little out of touch don't you think? Oh I forgot, all he has to do is print a few more trillion and presto, 10hr school days.

Yeah, we need to level the playing field with China and Japan. Lets all teach our kids how to make crap cars and robot barking dogs :)sphss

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I think it's a good idea. Parents schooling their own children isn't working. Parenting practices (or lack of them) are not going to change in our society, I'm sorry to say. I've been saying we need to extend the day and year for years now. I guess someone finally listened :p

Please tell me why it's bad. Oh, and Obama is not indoctrinating your kids at school. Don't be ridiculous. It just so happens that most teachers in CA are liberals (amazing, I know). I've been told that I may have a difficult time getting a job in Montana because I'm from Montana and people don't want me preaching liberalism to their kids (LOL). So I don't think teachers are liberal in every state.

Tommy, I'm sorry, but more education is not going to start at home. It just isn't going to happen. I totally agree with you, I wish it would. But that's a pipe dream. Personally, I like my schedule how it is. Working until 6 and coming home to grade papers isn't fun. Plus, I enjoy the vacations, but IMO, it's what's best for our country. I think it's a better investment than a lot of other gov't handouts that are going around.

I feel like I'm doomed in this arguement because I'm on the same side as kittypoo. I'm hoping a few of you respect my opinion a little more than his and will pretend he didn't post so we can have an adult discussion LOL

Flame away:|err I can take it :D

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
I feel like I'm doomed in this arguement because I'm on the same side as kittypoo. I'm hoping a few of you respect my opinion a little more than his and will pretend he didn't post so we can have an adult argument LOL

I was going to agree with you but since you posted that paragraph you can go hump a pothole. :|err

R

·
0 Posts
Well lets see:

1. We have no money
2. Kids need to spend MORE time with their parents, not less
3. Why do we need to be on the same playing field as China & Japan, we live in the friggin USA, not some 3rd world country. If I wanted my kids to be like the Chinese, we'd move to Beijing.
4. We have no money...oh I already said that :D

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
Lets try one little step first. STOP standardized testing! Teachers no longer teach according to the ciriculum, they teach in order to pass the standardized tests in order to gain more income for their school and district. Both of my parents are principals at elementary schools and both agree that this will make the biggest difference. Both also agree that parents need to either care more about their kid, or stay the fock out of the schools business. Parents sue the schools because their kids are stupid, or misbehave. They are they way because the parents dont care. How about teach your kid something new everyday instead of letting them watch sponge bob as soon as they get home. We ARE falling behind many other countries. If we dont want Islam to become the predominant belief, than we better educate our kids, because they have already surpassed our educational standards in 1/2 of the islamic countries and now they are integrating into our society because they are smarter than us, yet we have the jobs available that pay well.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Lets try one little step first. STOP standardized testing! Teachers no longer teach according to the ciriculum, they teach in order to pass the standardized tests in order to gain more income for their school and district. Both of my parents are principals at elementary schools and both agree that this will make the biggest difference. Both also agree that parents need to either care more about their kid, or stay the fock out of the schools business. Parents sue the schools because their kids are stupid, or misbehave. They are they way because the parents dont care. How about teach your kid something new everyday instead of letting them watch sponge bob as soon as they get home. We ARE falling behind many other countries. If we dont want Islam to become the predominant belief, than we better educate our kids, because they have already surpassed our educational standards in 1/2 of the islamic countries and now they are integrating into our society because they are smarter than us, yet we have the jobs available that pay well.
Totally agree. I think year round is a good thing. Helps keep the little bastards out of trouble over summer too.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I think it's a good idea. Parents schooling their own children isn't working. Parenting practices (or lack of them) are not going to change in our society, I'm sorry to say. I've been saying we need to extend the day and year for years now. I guess someone finally listened :p

Please tell me why it's bad. Oh, and Obama is not indoctrinating your kids at school. Don't be ridiculous. It just so happens that most teachers in CA are liberals (amazing, I know). I've been told that I may have a difficult time getting a job in Montana because I'm from Montana and people don't want me preaching liberalism to their kids (LOL). So I don't think teachers are liberal in every state.

Tommy, I'm sorry, but more education is not going to start at home. It just isn't going to happen. I totally agree with you, I wish it would. But that's a pipe dream. Personally, I like my schedule how it is. Working until 6 and coming home to grade papers isn't fun. Plus, I enjoy the vacations, but IMO, it's what's best for our country. I think it's a better investment than a lot of other gov't handouts that are going around.

I feel like I'm doomed in this arguement because I'm on the same side as kittypoo. I'm hoping a few of you respect my opinion a little more than his and will pretend he didn't post so we can have an adult discussion LOL

Flame away:|err I can take it :D
I'm with ya! :)hand

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I was going to agree with you but since you posted that paragraph you can go hump a pothole. :|err
You come up with that retort all by yourself, or did you need some help? :|err

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Totally agree. I think year round is a good thing. Helps keep the little bastards out of trouble over summer too.
Well when I was a little bastard I worked all summer to make money. Mowed yards, painted, and worked on a farm later on. So should the other kids also. It just may teach them that the harder you work, the more you will get. Plus it should make them stay in and do well in school so they can get a better job that just a yard man or farm hand. ;)

Summer vacation is an American tradition IMO.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Untill schools move to a better standards of education, why have students in class longer. Alot of teachers cant teach do to politics in the administration. So does more class time mean more pay?

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
We sent our son to a private school. He received a very good education. He scored very high on his SAT and ACT due to instruction he received. He also didn't spend all day in school. In fact no more than the public schools. He had 6 classes each semester but only 3 per day which allowed them for longer classes each day. They instituted A days and B days. Maybe it's the instruction and the fact that the teachers actually had control of the classroom. If the Obama administration modeled public schools after the private school system they'd take care of the problem.
The US actually spends more days in school than the Asian schools, but less time each day.
I can guarantee that if they extended the school day and stopped summer vacation, the kids he's targeting will drop out by their sophomore year.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
We sent our son to a private school. He received a very good education. He scored very high on his SAT and ACT due to instruction he received. He also didn't spend all day in school. In fact no more than the public schools. He had 6 classes each semester but only 3 per day which allowed them for longer classes each day. They instituted A days and B days. Maybe it's the instruction and the fact that the teachers actually had control of the classroom. If the Obama administration modeled public schools after the private school system they'd take care of the problem.
The US actually spends more days in school than the Asian schools, but less time each day.
I can guarantee that if they extended the school day and stopped summer vacation, the kids he's targeting will drop out by their sophomore year.
Those are good points. Some public schools to that (3 classes per day), but none in our area. A middle school nearby used to a couple of years ago, but recently stopped for some reason. You actually get about 20 minutes extra instruction time due to the fact that they are not switching classes. That's a hundred hours a week. Pretty significant.

Sorry Catman-do. I disagree with you 99% of the time and your method of argument, as you so eloquently demonstrated, is not my style.

RvRrat, I do agree with you that parents need to spend more time with their kids, not less. The problem is, they are too busy with both parents working to either to barely support themselves (uneducated or unskilled) or to keep two new cars, boats and a 3500 sq ft house to do that. Very few middle class Americans are willing to give up the "stuff" to spend quality time with their kids. I just don't see that happening. Besides, our economy depends on them buying more and more stuff. Turn the TV off folks!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts