1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I don't think it was 45K. There is a L in front of the 45,000. Could be pounds or the new $$$$ they have over in Europe.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it was 45K. There is a L in front of the 45,000. Could be pounds or the new $$$$ they have over in Europe.

Im sure it was way more. Do you have any clue what it cost to fly Air Force 1, along with a few fighter jets and all of the secret service men needed?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Come on now Dennis. Do you expect the POTUS to just jump in a cab and drive to NYC? It's not his fault that a security detail goes with him. All past president have done the same at a cost to the taxpayers.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Im sure it was way more. Do you have any clue what it cost to fly Air Force 1, along with a few fighter jets and all of the secret service men needed?
Did you read the entire article?

In one concession to the tough economic climate, the couple flew on a smaller Gulfstream rather than the Boeing 747 customarily used as the presidential Air Force One.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Come on now Dennis. Do you expect the POTUS to just jump in a cab and drive to NYC? It's not his fault that a security detail goes with him. All past president have done the same at a cost to the taxpayers.
True, however we have a president who bashed CEO's that fly privatly who took bail out money. Then we see him flying all over town going on all of these expensive dates on tax payer money. One minute he wants to punish the weathly for living the lifestyles they do, the next he's trying to live the same lifestyle with taxpayer money. Another "do as I say, not as I do from Obama".

Did you read the entire article?

Yes, Air Force One is the air traffic control call sign of any United States Air Force aircraft carrying the President of the United States ;)

·
Dazed and confused!
512 Posts
Well he kept one campaign promise. He finally took his b*tch out to a Broadway show. Where do I sign up for $45k of tax payers money to take my girlfriend out for an evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1189893/How-Obamas-romantic-120-trip-Broadway-racked-45-000-bill.html

Im sure that his following supporters are so proud:

23eagle, LuckyDaze, RodnJen, shueman, tunneljet, Ultra26 # 1, yougots2chill
Just curious how do you expect the President of the Unites States to travel?

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious how do you expect the President of the Unites States to travel?

I think you are all missing the point. Obama sits here and tells everyone to live within their means and but then he lives within the tax payers money.

Did any of see the expense of his V-day night? Or how about the photo taken over NYC? He is a money wasting hyprocate.

Im sorry but I didnt know you guys are in support for a president who spends a 780 billion dollar stimulous but doesnt read it.

·
Dazed and confused!
512 Posts
I think you are all missing the point. Obama sits here and tells everyone to live within their means and but then he lives within the tax payers money.

Did any of see the expense of his V-day night? Or how about the photo taken over NYC? He is a money wasting hyprocate.
Again I will ask the question; how should he have gotten there? In case you hadn't realized it is tax payer money that provides all of the security and travel for the President. His employer is the United States of America!

FYI it runs off of taxpayer dollars.

I think sometimes in your dislike for the President you look for any and everything to complain about.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again I will ask the question; how should he have gotten there? In case you hadn't realized it is tax payer money that provides all of the security and travel for the President. His employer is the United States of America!

I think sometimes in your dislike for the President you look for any and everything to complain about.

Its not how he travels. Its the hypocrisy of him that bothers me.

I dislike the president because he and his admin are a bunch radical progressives. They are trying to change the way our country is ran for the benefiet of themselves, not the country. They don't not believe in capitalism which has seperated us from the rest and which made this country so great.

The point is: Obama wants to expand government. And he will spend as much money as he needs to to weaken the people of this country to do it.

Imagine if Bush were still president and were to spend thousands of dollars for a date night right now?

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I think his point is that he shouldn't have gone in the first place. Renting a movie would have been a lot cheaper. :D
You mean they way the rest of us do it?

NAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH you can't be serious.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Its not how he travels. Its the hypocrisy of him that bothers me.

I dislike the president because he and his admin are a bunch radical progressives. They are trying to change the way our country is ran for the benefiet of themselves, not the country. They don't not believe in capitalism which has seperated us from the rest and which made this country so great.

The point is: Obama wants to expand government. And he will spend as much money as he needs to to weaken the people of this country to do it.

Imagine if Bush were still president and were to spend thousands of dollars for a date night right now?
Bush did. Every time he went hunting and boating, it cost the taxpayers the same money. I don't like the president either but raising issues about any president's travel and security costs is pointless and detracts from the real fight. You think it's expensive now, wait until he gets a socialized health care bill through.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well he kept one campaign promise. He finally took his b*tch out to a Broadway show. Where do I sign up for $45k of tax payers money to take my girlfriend out for an evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1189893/How-Obamas-romantic-120-trip-Broadway-racked-45-000-bill.html

Im sure that his following supporters are so proud:

23eagle, LuckyDaze, RodnJen, shueman, tunneljet, Ultra26 # 1, yougots2chill

Let's get straight to the point! Because he's B***K with his B**** B*tch of a wife, isn't that what YOU really want to say? Rant on!

·
Registered
483 Posts

Yea I get that it is tax payer money, thus the point! In my opinion when you run for president of the United States certain “liberties” are foregone during your stay in office. The President is held to a different standard than common folk especially in these trying times. The same goes for any public official, but is more apparent in the Presidents role. With only 4 years in office to be able to implement the polices of the oval office, handle the foreign affairs of a depressed world economy, guide our country through the horrors of war, nurse our own flailing economy, as well as the many other tasks required of “the most powerful political position” in existence today leaves little for recreational antics such as this. I honestly think its just a political move to keep himself in a positive public spotlight, I mean this guy has spent more time in his first 100 days out of the oval office rather than in it, at least Clinton knew how to multitask!

Traditionally when the President needs to get a little R&R they go to camp David or the like, not downtown NYC…

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Let's get straight to the point! Because he's B***K with his B**** B*tch of a wife, isn't that what YOU really want to say? Rant on!

Oh of course, someone had to pull the race card. Typical ignorant responce. When all else fails, and you have nothing smart to say pull the race card right?...Typical Liberal mentality to attack someone and label them as a rasist because they happen to not like someone that is not of their same race for reasons not involved with race!

Its not about race! What Im saying is the freedom that us Americans have had is going bye bye because of all the money he spent. I dont like anyone in his Admin and they're of all different ethnic backgrounds.

The dipsiiit had a great oppurtuinty to get rid of the ridiculous thought in the black Amercans heads that they still cant suceed in life because the white man is holding them down. The guy should've been reaching out to the blacks saying look at me.. Im the fockin president and Im black. But instead of empowering the blacks he wants to keep them were the are because thats where democrats benefit the most! Democrats make minorites feel like they are powerless and tell them that they need the government to care for them and protect them. These sheep believe it and vote them in office.

U

·
0 Posts
He didn't fly in Air Force 1. I think this topic is hilarious.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
He didn't fly in Air Force 1. I think this topic is hilarious.
You are a damn moron.

Any stupid ass airplane he gets into.....POOOOOOFFF becomes AF1.

But you couldn't resist being part of "it."

...and to think some poor child in an impoverished country would benefit from your air.

Brian

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
AGREED. :)sphss Excellent point.

focus people.. focus... when they pass that health care reform nonsense they are selling, a small jaunt in a gulfstream is going to be the least of our problems....:D:p

Bush did. Every time he went hunting and boating, it cost the taxpayers the same money. I don't like the president either but raising issues about any president's travel and security costs is pointless and detracts from the real fight. You think it's expensive now, wait until he gets a socialized health care bill through.
BTW how is he supposed to travel? by train ;) ;)

U

·
0 Posts
You are a damn moron.

Any stupid ass airplane he gets into.....POOOOOOFFF becomes AF1.

But you couldn't resist being part of "it."

...and to think some poor child in an impoverished country would benefit from your air.

Brian
You're right. I should have said he didn't fly the 747

I thought this sight was restricted to people over 16??? Be careful Byron.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts