Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, It finally happened. I let the eliminator go. I'm gonna miss it, but, I am no longer being held hostage by the outdrive gods. :partyguy:

I'm looking for something with two stock-ish motors, and hoping for less breakage. Does anyone have any input on the fuel consumption of twin engine Vs single engine. I'm thinking something like 30-35 ft Fountain, Baja, or something simmilar. Talk to me guys.......

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Well, It finally happened. I let the eliminator go. I'm gonna miss it, but, I am no longer being held hostage by the outdrive gods. :partyguy:

I'm looking for something with two stock-ish motors, and hoping for less breakage. Does anyone have any input on the fuel consumption of twin engine Vs single engine. I'm thinking something like 30-35 ft Fountain, Baja, or something simmilar. Talk to me guys.......
a twin with up to 700ish HP should let you enjoy a boat so the outdrive gods wont need to visit you near as much?:wink2:
If you are looking for a bigger boat go twins you wont be happy with performance with a single with stock power..
Formula, fountain, Hustler are good boats. I know of a 33 Slingshot with 500's for sale and a 388 Hustler.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a twin with up to 700ish HP should let you enjoy a boat so the outdrive gods wont need to visit you near as much?:wink2:
If you are looking for a bigger boat go twins you wont be happy with performance with a single with stock power..
Formula, fountain, Hustler are good boats. I know of a 33 Slingshot with 500's for sale and a 388 Hustler.

Where can I find more info on those 2 boats?

I remember seeing a 25 daytona with twin small blocks, that would be a hoot. I am even considering outboards:)Unsure, shhhh- Don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure how fast you want to go.... trust me it's worth a look. I've got a Campbell W/ twin custom built big block 468's V-drives. It is listed in boats for sale under "nicest Campbell" She's at Willow Berm. Complete overhaul, Beautiful boat.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I heard that ....

Where can I find more info on those 2 boats?

I remember seeing a 25 daytona with twin small blocks, that would be a hoot. I am even considering outboards:)Unsure, shhhh- Don't tell anyone.
How can you beat 114 MPH ...

2.7 MPG wide open ....

Full warranty....

SKATER SKATER SKATER ;)

Or a 22' Daytona with twin xs power....

Or a 28' Daytona with twin 502's ...

Bullys garage holds many options ...all of them proven :)bulb

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How can you beat 114 MPH ...

2.7 MPG wide open ....

Full warranty....

SKATER SKATER SKATER ;)

Or a 22' Daytona with twin xs power....

Or a 28' Daytona with twin 502's ...

Bullys garage holds many options ...all of them proven :)bulb
I don't see anything in that garage that fits in the budget- Wait, maybe the jet ski!

So, It the 300xs a good motor? I could use a quick schooling on outboards, real quick, before this money burns a hole in my pocket! Need to find something that wont break.

I am traveling to look at 4 boats, what do you guys think?

2000 Wellcraft Scarab 29 powerboat for sale in Colorado

http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/100525-92-21-eliminator-daytona.html

http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/104139-1993-21-daytona.html

1996 BAJA 302 MARINE INC.

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
I don't see anything in that garage that fits in the budget- Wait, maybe the jet ski!

So, It the 300xs a good motor? I could use a quick schooling on outboards, real quick, before this money burns a hole in my pocket! Need to find something that wont break.

I am traveling to look at 4 boats, what do you guys think?

2000 Wellcraft Scarab 29 powerboat for sale in Colorado

http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/100525-92-21-eliminator-daytona.html

http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/104139-1993-21-daytona.html

1996 BAJA 302 MARINE INC.
I love my 21 Daytona... Did you see this one?http://www.performanceboats.com/boats-sale/103881-21-daytona-twin-sale.html

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
the Scarab is likly a non stepped hull and the 350's will likley on ly push it to 65ish and maybe less now with all the hours and when you fill the cooler it may not get on plane...
The 21's with singles will get you into the 80-90's and the twin will likley get you into the 105-110's and all will take some decent water and you can have fun with them with family and just a guys trip.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
hell go take deltarats fountain for ride and see how you like then write him a check he dont use it:duh:

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I dont know what you price range is, but I have always liked this 38' Scarab Thunder with twin 502 Mags.

HOT! 38 WELLCRAFT SCARAB NIIIICE... ELIMINATOR

HOT! 38 WELLCRAFT SCARAB NIIIICE... ELIMINATOR - $49000 (SACAMENTO/ORANGEVALE)[HR][/HR]Date: 2012-07-14, 11:28AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP][HR][/HR]
Scarab 38 Thunder. Hot! Hot! Hot! Want all eyes on you, this is the one ''' Twin 502 Magnums, bimini top, bravo outdrives, drop down bolsters, bumpin' system. White with Red/black checkers. or 916 606-7062. 49000.00. tunnel speed cat nordic fast ........... LOOK LOOK LOOK also have 19 foot eliminator daytona dragster for sale or trade for hot rod or muscle car ...........LOOK LOOK UNDER ELIMINATOR ....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts