Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll keep it short and sweet, from what i've always been told the higher the octane the slower the burn. Once you up the compression depending on how high, you are going to go into running V.P. I'm at 9.5:1 am I losing power running 91 as opposed to 89 or does it even matter. 454 BBC with a mild build, stock bore N/A Basically a Day Cruiser.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I'll keep it short and sweet, from what i've always been told the higher the octane the slower the burn. Once you up the compression depending on how high, you are going to go into running V.P. I'm at 9.5:1 am I losing power running 91 as opposed to 89 or does it even matter. 454 BBC with a mild build, stock bore N/A Basically a Day Cruiser.
Octane has nothing to do with flame speed.
No. you are not losing power with 91.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
58 Posts
Note

i'll keep it short and sweet, from what i've always been told the higher the octane the slower the burn. Once you up the compression depending on how high, you are going to go into running v.p. I'm at 9.5:1 am i losing power running 91 as opposed to 89 or does it even matter. 454 bbc with a mild build, stock bore n/a basically a day cruiser.

beleive nothing you see and 1/2 of what you hear

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Octane has nothing to do with flame speed.
No. you are not losing power with 91.
OK, I think we went thru this before but it is stuck in my head. And Dyno, Yeah No Shit Huh. DUH :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

Bet you a box of Krispy Kreme's your Ass-O-Nometer wont be able to tell the difference.

That being said, here in the Bay area of California, the only difference is the anti knock compounds, the fuel is virtually the same as far as pump gas.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
When my oldest son started racing motocross i always bought V.P. cause I thought it would make it go faster, then my youngest ended up being fast as hell. i got yanked onto a team and the motor builder schooled me on race gas. We ran V.P. in his 250 which was built and could whoop a 450. his 450 stayed on pump gas because he was so light he didn't need the motor massaged. I guess pump gas is pump gas if your not detonating. I gotta remember I'm a recreational boater asking racers questions.

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Better fuels cost a lot more money

And it general takes planning to get :))eek:))

For those who run the big HP #s

I kind of like the more user friendly price at the gas pump !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts