Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this belongs in the audio section, but not a lot of traffic there. My CD6 player in my 02 F350 just gave up the ghost. I would like to keep the factory looking head unit, so aftermarket is likely out of the question.

Dealer wants 700.00 for a reman! Is this right? If not, where have you guys sent your stuff for repair? I have checked a lot of radio shops for takeout radios, but nothing to match my cd player. Thanks for any help!

For info, it will not eject and says CD ERROR, and makes grinding noises non stop, driving me crazy! I admit, it's had a rough life of bouncing down the 10 freeway near colton, where your fillings even get jarred from your teeth. And yes, it's a california 4x4 meaning it spends 99.323 % of it's time on city streets.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPL2K thank you for the referral. I did contact them, they do not service Ford radios anymore.

They referred me to AER in Brea CA. (800) 321-6970 I will go through them after i get the part number off mine. BUT

Do you have a CD6 radio? I'd rather give you the money then them if it's reasonable! I was told it can't be from anything newer than an 03. Thanks!

·
Just Here
815 Posts
I had the same problem in my 04 F-350.Once I took it out & pulled the top cover off,I laughed.What a cheap radio/changer.Smashed it witha hammer & installed a nice aftermarket piece.Been happy ever since.Try a wrecking yard beforeyouspend$700 on a reman.For $700,you can buy a very nice head unit.Try Crutchfield .com
Kit,Harness&unit all plug & play easy $$$$$$$$
Just my .02

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
'05 GMC Yukon XL

The wife got seven discs into the 6 disc changer. Can't get them out. Took the unit out of the vehicle and couldn't do a thing with it. Put it back in. Radio works!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts