Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one dealt with them? I just picked up a set of Bassett headers for the squirter and could use a freshen up. Also Thot about ceramic coating, jet hot . What's the good and bad of the coatings.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Has any one dealt with them? I just picked up a set of Bassett headers for the squirter and could use a freshen up. Also Thot about ceramic coating, jet hot . What's the good and bad of the coatings.
Just had Primo Coatings here in Boise ceramic coat a set of Bassetts and they turned out great and the price was good. Let me know if you need Donnie's info. He does a lot of work for folks here in the area. These headers were in pretty rough shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
i had ogden chrome chrome some exhaust tips for me quite a while back...they came out nice...i dont remember the price but they were good guys to deal with

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those look good what did he charge you? Does ceramic stil blue like chrome , and which one lowers exhaust temps? They have water lines but not sure if I'm Gona run them or not .

·
Registered
237 Posts
Coating doesnt blue, but dulls pretty quick. I would say chrome if you are going run water through them, or coat if not. You have to polish the coating to make look good, where chrome you can just wipe down

·
Registered
387 Posts
Damn...in my backyard and I didn't even know it. I've always figured I'd send chrome work to my f-i-l to have Christiansen Plating do my stuff.
hows the weather up there in utah?...is that willard in your avitar? i kinda miss it up there...used to live in layton/clearfield area

·
Registered
628 Posts
Those look good what did he charge you? Does ceramic stil blue like chrome , and which one lowers exhaust temps? They have water lines but not sure if I'm Gona run them or not .
Under $200 to sandblast, coat and polish. The ceramic coating will lower the temp but not exactly sure how much. If you don't run the water lines I could sure use one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Under $200 to sandblast, coat and polish. The ceramic coating will lower the temp but not exactly sure how much. If you don't run the water lines I could sure use one.
Thanx for the info I tryed calling them today but there at the airport or something . I'm Gona try and get ahold of them tomorow I'm still undecided . I don't have a line but If I did I'd Hook you up you can probly get some stainless brake line and a flairing tool and make a set it's what I plan on doing if I go that rout can't be that hard
Sent from this damn iPhone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts