Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I remember there was a thread some time back about which pump to use to suck the oil out of your block. Was there a finalist for 50 weight oil?? And where can I buy Kendall in a pony keg??

·
Registered
551 Posts
So I remember there was a thread some time back about which pump to use to suck the oil out of your block. Was there a finalist for 50 weight oil?? And where can I buy Kendall in a pony keg??

When I used to change that oil I used one of those vacumn pump that suck that oil out of the dip stick. You have a seperate tube in the front that you use. The container would hold the whole amt. I need to go to the garage to see the brand name. Works great.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I used to change that oil I used one of those vacumn pump that suck that oil out of the dip stick. You have a seperate tube in the front that you use. The container would hold the whole amt. I need to go to the garage to see the brand name. Works great.
why didn't i think to ask you?? yup, has the hose and an fitting on it already.

hey, i know its a long walk to that other garage...so take your time and take a beer with you just in case :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
why didn't i think to ask you?? yup, has the hose and an fitting on it already.

hey, i know its a long walk to that other garage...so take your time and take a beer with you just in case :D
It's called a Big Boy Topsider mvp. It really does work good, pump it up a couple times and it will take every bit of oil out. Lot easier if oil is warm but doesn't have to be. Have fun:)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's called a Big Boy Topsider mvp. It really does work good, pump it up a couple times and it will take every bit of oil out. Lot easier if oil is warm but doesn't have to be. Have fun:)

Thank you sir.

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
Vic,
I have an oil extractor I bought from Griot's Garage. I've used it a number of times on my cars and you're more than welcome to borrow it. If you're around this weekend I could run it over in the Rhino. I'm feeling dangerous and want to drive it on the streets again!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vic,
I have an oil extractor I bought from Griot's Garage. I've used it a number of times on my cars and you're more than welcome to borrow it. If you're around this weekend I could run it over in the Rhino. I'm feeling dangerous and want to drive it on the streets again!

Haha...was that you crusing down Trabuco a couple weeks ago??

Looks like we're doing the Parker/Swansea ride dealio this weekend, so we won't be home again. I fired up the Harley Saturday and almost went by your house, but I kind of ran out of gas...I gotta buy a pump, thanks for the offer. Boat stays at the river though.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I found you can't spend too much money on a good pump.
Avoid the cheapies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts