Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
21' Daytona
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever make their own ? I'm wondering out loud what's involved in building one ? Is it as simple as a tube in a tube, or more complex ? I'm thinking about making my own to fit my boat and having it painted to match.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
You could probably just coil up a bunch of copper tubing and put it inside a larger tube. The oil would run through the copper tubing and the larger tube would be filled with water. If you know how to weld and fabricate, I don't feel it would be too hard.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
You could probably just coil up a bunch of copper tubing and put it inside a larger tube. The oil would run through the copper tubing and the larger tube would be filled with water. If you know how to weld and fabricate, I don't feel it would be too hard.

Hope this helps.
The coil would be too restrictive.

·
21' Daytona
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hope this helps.

Yes it does. I just was wondering what would be involved. My thinking was to make one to fit a specific location on my boat. Efficiency and flow would concern me though.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Use a heat exchanger off a 4 banger boat motor...they work very well.

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Anyone ever make their own ? I'm wondering out loud what's involved in building one ? Is it as simple as a tube in a tube, or more complex ? I'm thinking about making my own to fit my boat and having it painted to match.
I have an intercooler off a 2007 Seadoo RXP. Could make a tube to go around it? It's about 3 inch diameter. Heres a pic...

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
The coil would be too restrictive.
Alright, how about having the oil fill the large tube and run the water through the coil.

But, how would it be too restrictive to run the oil through the coil?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts