1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That there is the problem here in this town. There is not one that is competant. So is there one that someone know that can handle this for me ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Test??

That there is the problem here in this town. There is not one that is competant. So is there one that someone know that can handle this for me ?

Thank you !
Jim, DID you TEST it with regulated air pressure YET????? If so, explain what happened..........Ray

PS if you recall, with the water lines disconnected and the ends wide open, it did not leak oil. Oil pressure is more than water pressure, so how is it leaking water in, but won't leak oil out???????........Test it...........

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
jim , are you runnin a inlet water pressure bypass valve? sounds like your putting wayy too much pressure on your cooling system:)bulb

·
Registered
550 Posts
If it's the rusty ugly one in your picture I would throw it away.
That don't make ur sight look very good

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's the rusty ugly one in your picture I would throw it away.
That don't make ur sight look very good
Yep that is one of those cast iron ones, they rust quicker than shit. We market them that way so no-one feels they are getting fucked when they rust overnight. Hit the bricks dumb ass ! If you have nothing to add that is constructive don't add to anyones posts.

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Jim, DID you TEST it with regulated air pressure YET????? If so, explain what happened..........Ray

PS if you recall, with the water lines disconnected and the ends wide open, it did not leak oil. Oil pressure is more than water pressure, so how is it leaking water in, but won't leak oil out???????........Test it...........
Ray way past that. It is caroded from the salt water here. It needs to be cleaned and then tested again.
Ray this is a jet boat not a v-drive I have a 9" impeller in my water pump. It pumps lots of water. And you are wrong my water presure can very easly be greater than my oil presure.

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jim , are you runnin a inlet water pressure bypass valve? sounds like your putting wayy too much pressure on your cooling system:)bulb
The funny thing is this cooler has way more miles on my boat than most '80 boats. But for argument sake I run a dump right off the pump with a -8 line. The engine has a -12 as well as the sight blead-off to the headers.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Salt water?? Long Beach?

Ray way past that. It is caroded from the salt water here. It needs to be cleaned and then tested again.
OK. So did it leak?........I realize the drinking (tap) water is kinda salty, but is the river water salty as well?.........Maybe I should look at the picture. I'll be back.......Hey, some famous person said that, "I'll be back"......Now who was that?...........Ray

PS, I thought it was a picture of yours. That is just a catalog shot.......I saw yours and it was fairly clean, outside. Corrosion will restrict flow, but I can't see it causing a leak unless it ate through the metal, which it didn't or it would leak oil like crazy with the ends wide open.......Tell me about this pressure test..........What pressure? And how bad did it leak?.....Or not?.......Over and out for the night..........

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK. So did it leak?........I realize the drinking (tap) water is kinda salty, but is the river water salty as well?.........Maybe I should look at the picture. I'll be back.......Hey, some famous person said that, "I'll be back"......Now who was that?...........Ray
My cooler is not pictured, if you remember I cleared over the rust so it looked shinny. No leaks as of yet during testing.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Yep that is one of those cast iron ones, they rust quicker than shit. We market them that way so no-one feels they are getting fucked when they rust overnight. Hit the bricks dumb ass ! If you have nothing to add that is constructive don't add to anyones posts.
dude, you should market those ones with the electric fan,lol:)devil

ps those aren't cast iron.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
I gotta take a pitcure of the oil cooler on this thing. It looks like a refridgeration unit. I have the same one squirtin mentioned on my other jet. This thing has the inlets and outlets on top. it's about 10" long x 4 " wide x 4" deep. Looks like heat exchanger with plates in it. Now that I have desribed a stack of pancakes ...I'll look for my cam cord and post a pic ...lol

Another thing that has me baffled is a contraption that the oil goes into after it leaves the sump. It has a hook up for a sensor but is missing. That I have a pic of. It's mounted to the back of the roll cage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
HOOLI, That's your oil filter. You take it apart to clean the screen inside.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
HOOLI, That's your oil filter. You take it apart to clean the screen inside.
Well if that aint the damndest thing! There's a regular style filter on there as well. If I would have known there is maintanance on this thing I would have never bought it :mad:

J/K .. So the sensor that attaches to it tells you when it's time to change it? I imagine this set up allows you to see if there is any metal in there when you clean it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's an Oberg oil filter. The connection is for attaching a warning light to show any blockage of the screen. If you also have a filter on your block still, you either have two filters, so what?, or check to see where the lines to the Oberg are from/going. I've seen them used for water inlets, tranny and steering fluid coolers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts