Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Napa today to get oil + filter for wifes car..I like Napa synthetic for her car and my truck...never had any problems
So the guy tells me to use this Napa Platinum filter, cause its designed for synthetic oil........BS or True??
anyway I bought it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure that any filter is designed for synthetic, specifically. Are your other internals designed for synthetic? Absolutely not.

The NAPA filters are not a bad choice, since they are manufactured by WIX and packaged for NAPA.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
The whole synthetic oil/snthetic filter thing is part bullshit part truth. It depents ENTIRELY on you.
Amsoil started the whole thing followed closely by Delco and Fram. Now everybody is onboard.
Amsoil started the idea of a synthetic glass fiber filter to go along with their extended milage oils. Their thinking is, what good is an oil that you run 10-12000 miles and a filter that is only good for around 5000 under best conditions. So they came up with a extended range filter(made by Wix by the way).
the rest followed suit with their own extended interval filter, and in time Napa was getting Wix synthetic filters made for them.
If you change your oil every 3-5000 miles, they are a waste of money.
If you run you synthetic oil longer than that, they can be worth it.
The synthetic will simply filter longer and hold more crap than a cellulose fiber filter can.
The synthetics tend to flow a little better for their micron rating as well.

K&N, Mobil 1, Amsoil EaO, Delco "L" series, Purolator Synthetic are all synthetic filters.
They say for synthetic oil because nobody in the right mind runs a conventional oil 10,000 plus miles.
If you run your synthetic oil that long, it might be a good idea to buy an extended milage filter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "fleece" but if you mean "fuzzie", then that filter is "fuzzie".

The NAPA Platinum is made by the same manufacture as the Amsoil EaO filter and looks exactly the same inside.
But it sure as hell isn't "FLEECE"
well, there you go, I'm an idiot..

·
Registered
54 Posts
right, I am an idiot, stay away from Mann products and fleece oil filters...

I don't know shit about them..or synthetic oils or engines that use synthetic oils..

Good luck...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
On second thought, you can call them anything youn like, fleece, valour, fuzzie wassies, what ever works for you.:)sphss
You should do some research on this before you say much more...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I have. I USE to wear fleece as a kid, not so much anymore. I use synthetic micro/nano fiber media for my oil. I would ask my supplier for a "fleece" filter, but I afraid he would just laugh and point and tell me to go to the kids section at Wally World.

Like Hammerdown mentioned, I guess velvet is a option as well.:)sphss

BTW, please keep in mind, that the ONLY person that used the term IDIOT in this thread was YOU! But if the shoe fits..........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Okay...
fleece oil filter>google search...

Holey shit! Fleece Oil Filters! Even on Amazon.

For shits and giggles I searched velour oil filter... Mother Fkr... They have that too! (actually an oiled air filter though) LMFAO

Nothing really for velvet, corduroy, or denim though.

One point for the new guy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Okay...

For shits and giggles I searched velour oil filter... Mother Fkr... They have that too! (actually an oiled air filter though) LMFAO

X2 LMAO !!! I can hear the backpeddling already........ Right on newbie.... Hows that shoe fitting GN7 LMAO

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Nothing more than a misunderstanding. No backpedaling required. I'd bet a few dollars they're both talking about the same damn thing anyway...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Okay...

What? You didn't google FLANNEL?
Fleece has been around for 100+ years, synthetic nano fiber filter media not so much.
We have over a thousand synthetic micro filters in stock at the shop, and NOBODY here refers to them as fleece, valour, flannel or any other such nonsense. At least not if they wish to keep their job.

I'll continue to buy my filters at NAPA, not Old Navy

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
What? You didn't google FLANNEL?
Search expanded...
Flannel, silk, satin, terry cloth, cheese cloth, braided hemp, tarpaulin, burlap, nylon, and polyester... NOTHIN :happy:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts