Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok call me stupid but i was trying to figure out on a remot filter ,were does the line come in at and were does it exit at on an oil filter,on a fuel filter the fuel comes in and goes down in the filter via the center,were the element screws to the housing and comes out were the little holes are and to your fuel pump,am i correct or not ,so i was in ahhh about the proper way to rout the lines on a oil filter,does it go in on the out side were the little holes are and out from the center ,or is it the opposite,does any body have a diagrame on this thanks

·
Banned
697 Posts
Leaving the block:

Outside fitting is OUT to the remote filter (goes into the filter on the out side)
exits filter from the center. after the filter/cooler, the oil returns to the block to the inside fitting.

from the block:

Outside is out

Inside is IN

·
Some guy
3,635 Posts
Leaving the block:

Outside fitting is OUT to the remote filter (goes into the filter on the out side)
exits filter from the center. after the filter/cooler, the oil returns to the block to the inside fitting.

from the block:

Outside is out

Inside is IN
Careful, you can't make that statement without seeing his adapter(which is a Rex). The "inside" fitting goes from the block to the remote filter, since the "outside" fitting in his case is in the center, the normal return from the filter.

·
Banned
697 Posts
Careful, you can't make that statement without seeing his adapter(which is a Rex). The "inside" fitting goes from the block to the remote filter, since the "outside" fitting in his case is in the center, the normal return from the filter.
unique adapter to say the least.

To make it correct all the way around. Plumb the adapter as needed so:

oil needs to go IN to the small holes on the outside edge of the oil filter, and then the oil goes OUT of the large center hole of the filter.

·
Some guy
3,635 Posts
The Rex billet oil bypass, upper left #456411 is not that different than many other bolt on bypasses (I have a Bob Teague piece lying on my bench which is almost identical). They are engineered to give a fairly direct path for the oil exiting the block. True, it could be bolted on either direction, but it makes sense to line the passage up to the inside I think. The second image shows the Rex HP 6 remote filter bracket that he has on his boat.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I guess my response was too simple:)sphss

has anybody used or seen the 456-411 gen 6 adapter?
do you remove the screw on adapter from the block when using it?

·
Banned
697 Posts
The Rex billet oil bypass, upper left #456411 is not that different than many other bolt on bypasses (I have a Bob Teague piece lying on my bench which is almost identical). They are engineered to give a fairly direct path for the oil exiting the block. True, it could be bolted on either direction, but it makes sense to line the passage up to the inside I think. The second image shows the Rex HP 6 remote filter bracket that he has on his boat.
Yes, I looked at it. This is the Hardin/Canton one that we normally use.

Attachments

·
Banned
697 Posts
I guess my response was too simple:)sphss

has anybody used or seen the 456-411 gen 6 adapter?
do you remove the screw on adapter from the block when using it?
Needless to say, I have not seen/used one of them, but the small opening makes it appear that it does.. The one I just posted is a Gen5/6 and it doe need the middle threaded piece removed from the block.

·
Banned
697 Posts
That one could mount either direction as well, and would make more sense to put the "out" from the block inline with the fitting,, which would also make it the "inner"
There are 2 holes in that adapter. one in the middle, and one on the outside. When the "O" rings are in place, and its bolted up, the oil coming out of the outer hole in the block goes through the outer hole in the adapter, and the oil coming back to the block goes through the center hole in the adapter into the center hole in the block.

A hole in the middle of a circle is always going to be in the middle,(inner) no matter how that circle is placed. So how would the outside hole be the "inner"?

·
Some guy
3,635 Posts
There are 2 holes in that adapter. one in the middle, and one on the outside. When the "O" rings are in place, and its bolted up, the oil coming out of the outer hole in the block goes through the outer hole in the adapter, and the oil coming back to the block goes through the center hole in the adapter into the center hole in the block.

A hole in the middle of a circle is always going to be in the middle,(inner) no matter how that circle is placed. So how would the outside hole be the "inner"?
Best to talk on the phone if you want to PM your number to me, or I would be happy to send you mine. The adapters can bolt on two ways, some will work both directions, some will only work one direction. The center hole always needs to be the return whether the "out" fitting is positioned in towards the block or out away from the block.

The "outer" hole that you refer to in the block,, or the "outlet" is always inboard of the center hole,, so I think your term would be confusing to most.

·
Banned
697 Posts
The center hole always needs to be the return whether the "out" fitting is positioned in towards the block or out away from the block.
We are saying the same thing. Just using different words.

I am refering to both the block and the block adapter as circles.

The hole on the inside of the circle is the hole that the oil goes into the block through

The hole on the outside of the circle is the one that the oil goes out of the block through

The Rex adapter is different based on the hole locations and its not the one I'm talking about. The Hardin one that I posted a picture of is the one I'm talking about. and it does work both ways, with the outer hole either toward the block, or away from the block.

As long as the adapter is mounted/plumbed so that the hole in the center of the block pad circle is the return, and the hole on the outside of the block pad circle is the out, everything works right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts