Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Premium Member
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time I've used regular ole Purolator oil/air filters.

However, I just installed a K&N 2002HP on the 468 Jet...good choice?

Other consideration...> WIX/Napa Gold

Feedback?

EDIT...I moved it to the Jet section

· Registered
59 Posts
Run K&N's in all my rigs......Hmmm, why haven't I put one on the boat yet? (trip to parts store today I guess - nothing better to do on yet ANOTHER rainy day in Idaho. Sure hope this damn weather remembers Burley is next weekend!)

· Registered
604 Posts
Run K&N's in all my rigs......Hmmm, why haven't I put one on the boat yet? (trip to parts store today I guess - nothing better to do on yet ANOTHER rainy day in Idaho. Sure hope this damn weather remembers Burley is next weekend!)
Just came by Burley today on my way home from eastern Idaho. River is real high and the forecast calls for mid 80's starting Thursday - should be very nice.

· Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Car Quest Racing=Wix

· mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
delco pf1218:)devil they were designed for high volume oil systems by gm. back in the early 90's most 5.7 motors had that early mornin main knock right off the dealers lot, so gm had us replacing oil pumps with high pressure/high volume pumps and wanted the 1218 filters put on as well. was also what they recommend for the newer big blocks with better higher flowing oil galleries and high volume oil pumps(most bigblocks in trucks got a oil cooler in the radiator). i have cut literally 100's of them apart over the yrs and have yet to see 1 collasp internal. i know other's like the k&n stuff, but for me, i still dig knowing full well that my oil is being filtered, not just passing threw gauze:D

· Registered
506 Posts
oil filter

Mobil 1 filters have a synthetic element and a thick housing. I used to run the wix, or napa (made by wix) until I bought a napa gold and opened the box only to find a bunch of s*#t in the filter and box. :mad:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.