Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it really be gone already? Looks like I'll be needing a pan for a bbc 557. do I need a machinist to notch something like that or is an off the shelf deal? I'd love to find that thread again, I think outlaw started it.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Could it really be gone already? Looks like I'll be needing a pan for a bbc 557. do I need a machinist to notch something like that or is an off the shelf deal? I'd love to find that thread again, I think outlaw started it.

When you order one, tell them what stroke you are running, may be the same for all strokers, but defintely ask the question. My Dan Olsen Racing pan has held up great,

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Off the shelf usually. Tell'm what stroke (as mentioned) and what rod (steel or aluminum) is going to be used.

Hint: get as big (deep) as a pan as you can and don't run the stated capacity of oil in it. This will beat most fancy windage trays and such.

My 02.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I don't know how deep I can get, I have a tunnell and didn't have much room under my small bbc. BTW stroke is 4.375 if I remember right.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Thanks guys, I don't know how deep I can get, I have a tunnell and didn't have much room under my small bbc. BTW stroke is 4.375 if I remember right.
Maybe measure your pan. All the pans I see seem to be good gor 4.5 stroke. could be wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts