Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm not all that up on the way the "future's" market works, but it sure seems it is the speculators that continue to drive the oil price up by "speculating".... So, how about an "executive order" by obama REQUIRING a 20%, NON refundable, deposit for all "future" oil speculations for the next 90/120 days?.... If you want to reserve oil at $120. per barrel for the end of April/May/June, put up the 20% in cash.... If oil truly goes over $120, a barrel you'll make out fine, if it doesn't, you'll lose your 20% deposit, or be forced to buy at $120., even if it's selling for $65.... If ever there was a reason for an executive order, the un necessary manipulation of oil prices sure seems like it would qualify.... Hell, base it on "National Security" reasons..... A move like that could possibly bring some sanity to the mid east as well....
Ray

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Here is a solution, Kuwait and Iraq pay up for every penny we have spent in GW1 and GW2...

Hows that??? WE apply it as a subsidy to all future oil purchases PRO RATIA on gas purchases, diesel, home heating oil starting in 2012 through 2022...

THey can either pay in light sweet crude OR green backs...
:)

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Domestic issue

2MM, this is a domestic problem of greed at it's highest, or lowest, form. Sure, those countries should pony up what they owe us, but that won't fix the price at the pump as fast as a 20% executive order. If this were done ALL oil price manipulation would cease tomorrow and reality would return to the pump. It is apparent obama will do something to lower gas prices prior to the 2012 elections, why not NOW before our economy really goes down the drain......And it will, no doubt about the effect of $5.00 gas.....Also note, the "strategic Reserve" oil isn't even a pimple on the ass of consumption...
Ray

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Here is a solution, Kuwait and Iraq pay up for every penny we have spent in GW1 and GW2...

Hows that??? WE apply it as a subsidy to all future oil purchases PRO RATIA on gas purchases, diesel, home heating oil starting in 2012 through 2022...

THey can either pay in light sweet crude OR green backs...
:)

Kuwait and Saudi Arabia did pay us for GW1 ,Now Iraq needs to Pay up!

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
OK, I'm not all that up on the way the "future's" market works, but it sure seems it is the speculators that continue to drive the oil price up by "speculating".... So, how about an "executive order" by obama REQUIRING a 20%, NON refundable, deposit for all "future" oil speculations for the next 90/120 days?.... If you want to reserve oil at $120. per barrel for the end of April/May/June, put up the 20% in cash.... If oil truly goes over $120, a barrel you'll make out fine, if it doesn't, you'll lose your 20% deposit, or be forced to buy at $120., even if it's selling for $65.... If ever there was a reason for an executive order, the un necessary manipulation of oil prices sure seems like it would qualify.... Hell, base it on "National Security" reasons..... A move like that could possibly bring some sanity to the mid east as well....
Ray

Ray!! something must happen I continue to read articles we have plenty of oil and no worry of shortages in the future and this is all a false, man made price delima.There must be something done to curb their trading practices as it is really hurting the country and average working American and our effort to dig out of this disaster of economy. I for
see nothing being done as the Lobby efforts make sure our Reps. will do what is right for themselves and not for us.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
What if this administration decided to approve every pending permit for the gulf? Nearly 100,000 people would go back to work and our foreign competitors would immediately step up production.
Then we approve drilling in ANWAR and elsewhere within our jurisdictions as requested and seek opportunists willing to build more refineries here in the USA. People would go back to work across America and oil prices would drop like a rock at the first hint of this competition.

If the current powers that be were supportive of America and it's people, this would have already happened. They have proven their agendas with moratoriums, application denials and Brazilian oil support.

There are days I look back on this Kenyan's administration and ask myself, "If a mole were planted in the president's seat and given instructions to ruin America, would they have done a single thing differently?"

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
It was a terror center,there was NO civilized government!
Trying to explain the Iraq resolution to this troll is like explaining calculus to a palm tree.

My nephews who have served multiple terms in Iraq have told me all I'll ever need to know about how the Iraqi people appreciate our intervention into their troubled country as they are thanked daily by the residents for their "New and Improved" country.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Ray!! something must happen I continue to read articles we have plenty of oil and no worry of shortages in the future and this is all a false, man made price delima.There must be something done to curb their trading practices as it is really hurting the country and average working American and our effort to dig out of this disaster of economy. I for
see nothing being done as the Lobby efforts make sure our Reps. will do what is right for themselves and not for us.
How about outlawing futures trading?

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Trying to explain the Iraq resolution to this troll is like explaining calculus to a palm tree.

My nephews who have served multiple terms in Iraq have told me all I'll ever need to know about how the Iraqi people appreciate our intervention into their troubled country as they are thanked daily by the residents for their "New and Improved" country.
If the Iraqi people appreciate us so much, why have so many Americans died from IEDs? Clearly if the Iraqi people were so appreciative for our invasion, they would not be setting up these roadside bombs.

Bye the way, I have no problem understanding calculus and have taken multiple classes studying it, how about you?:)hand

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Doc exactly,39 million people got saved from a Homicidal Manic and his murderous sons,Lippy has some video on that link I gave him has the Kindly ole Saddam at work,Also having seen the Torture Chambers with the carpenter tools (Makita Battery drills and butterfly bits) hydraulic presses and the blood all over.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If the Iraqi people appreciate us so much, why have so many Americans died from IEDs? Clearly if the Iraqi people were so appreciative for our invasion, they would not be setting up these roadside bombs.

Bye the way, I have no problem understanding calculus and have taken multiple classes studying it, how about you?:)hand
But you know NOTHING and just talk like a Wino, What would you KNOW about Iraq and how much was Saddam paying the suicide bombers families?

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts

Ya, I bet they ARE happy campers now that ALL tribes have access to food and clean water through our intervention... At a minimum it beats the prospect of getting thrown in a tree chipper and fed to Saddam's fish OR having your daughter/wife raped in front of you by Saddam's henchmen... No womens sufferage of any kind was there Doc... ;)

You and I both know all that bidnezzzz with the Kurds is all fable... They really weren't being gasses/oppressed... They weren't playing games with Ole Hansie and David Kay in the least, they weren't circumventing the UN sanctions on oil sales, they weren't stockpiling Red Cross provisions in warehouses rather than giving them to the needy... ;)

Ole Saddam wasn't doing the EXACT SAME THING that ole Colonel Gaddafi is being hunted for right now by Barry Soetoro ( WITH NO HOUSE OR SENATE APPROVAL I might add ) ... ;)

He was a jolly old soul... ;)

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Doc exactly,39 million people got saved from a Homicidal Manic and his murderous sons,Lippy has some video on that link I gave him has the Kindly ole Saddam at work,Also having seen the Torture Chambers with the carpenter tools (Makita Battery drills and butterfly bits) hydraulic presses and the blood all over.
So your saying Sadam was going to kill the 39 million people that you claim we supposedly saved? We should worry about what is happening in our country before we go around the world fixing other people's problems.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
So your saying Sadam was going to kill the 39 million people that you claim we supposedly saved? We should worry about what is happening in our country before we go around the world fixing other people's problems.
Look at the Video I posted,Then get back to me Lippy,I really dislike lefty no bodies!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts