Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Some guy
3,621 Posts
I was leafing through a Jegs catalog and came across a copper gasket for it. I've never seen or heard of one. Has any one heard or used one?

Tim
Are you talking about BBC, for the oil pump cover to body, or oil pump to the rear main cap? The GM oil pumps normally use a paper gasket in them, Mellings use none. Normally when I mount an oil pump to the rear main cap I use a bit of Gasketcinch. Not sure it's at all necessary, but an old school trick I guess.

1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UH ya. It's a BBC. Between the pump and the main cap. I've never seen one on any BBC I've had apart. I guess with 60 or 70 psi it could leak but I haven't heard any one say it's ever been a problem. Just curious.

Tim

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Oil pump gaskets are one of the most crtical part of any performance chevy build. Without it, if any oil seeps between the pump and the block it will run back into the pan..well, stay in the pan....but drip down into the rest of the oil causing usightly oil ...um...just by it. :D
Wags

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Oil pump gaskets are one of the most crtical part of any performance chevy build. Without it, if any oil seeps between the pump and the block it will run back into the pan..well, stay in the pan....but drip down into the rest of the oil causing usightly oil ...um...just by it. :D
Wags
hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:):))eek:)) WT:)devil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts