Performance Boats Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I was out on Spanaway Lake monday night. It was almost dark when I launched and was very dark when I left.

The sunny weather all day monday got me pumped. I got home from work and dewinterized the boat and headed out! I didnt care if it was dark, I needed my fix!

We hit alder ALLOT. Dont think Ive seen your boat. Hope to see it on the water this year!

Brad

You wouldn't have seen my boat up here because Sat was the first day its been farther north than Central California. It still has the CF numbers on it! I still need to finish up the wiring and route the cooling lines and I should be breaking in her fresh engine here soon!

And heres a pic of the last time my lady saw the water. Now she has a 10.5 to 1 long rod motor in it.

·
NW Boater
121 Posts
I'm in the same boat ... Punn intended . I killed a couple comp 140 pumps due to lack of filteration .. My own fault..
thus I decided to completely change my fuel system just before I started I got injured at work and can't do the update hopefully surgery and therapy will
And yes MarDon is awesome especially sept 6-9 this year
Have fun and be safe
Kevin

·
Registered
392 Posts
awesome hot rods you got there!!!! An Elky too? Love the Vette

We do go to Potholes several times during the summer ! Planning to go there next weekend if my work schedule permits it

Here is a water picture to keep the thread going

Attachments

·
Muffler City
499 Posts
Yeeee HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(directed towards the great hole shot above):wink2:

Sold off the Injection and Zoomies.. went with Rewarder collector headers, picked up single plane and an 1150 Dominator.. just got the heads back from the shop(new Viton seals and clearance for .800 lift).. built a strut brace today and am moving the battery..
Moved the engine forward 7" last week and had DrivelinesNW cut and rebalance the driveshaft. Putting it back together now.. any of you BBC fans need a fresh Vertex Magneto? receipt from Joe Hunt.. send me PM..

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeeee HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(directed towards the great hole shot above):wink2:

Sold off the Injection and Zoomies.. went with Rewarder collector headers, picked up single plane and an 1150 Dominator.. just got the heads back from the shop(new Viton seals and clearance for .800 lift).. built a strut brace today and am moving the battery..
Moved the engine forward 7" last week and had DrivelinesNW cut and rebalance the driveshaft. Putting it back together now.. any of you BBC fans need a fresh Vertex Magneto? receipt from Joe Hunt.. send me PM..

I like the looks of those pistons...Engine looks like a Beast. I moved my engine forward from last season. Really cleaned up the rear at speed for me

·
Muffler City
499 Posts
going back together

I like the looks of those pistons...Engine looks like a Beast. I moved my engine forward from last season. Really cleaned up the rear at speed for me
Should be decent.. going to send the Dominator out to get setup for E85.. those pistons aren't going to like pump gas and Race gas prices are stupid high.. :)bityesterday I drilled four new cooling holes in the deck along with slotting two others, and cleaned out the threaded holes for the ARP head studs.. heads are back on.
Reason for the extra holes, is Mk4 blocks are series cooled.. and I am using GenV heads(088).. they require gaskets setup for parallel cooling..
If you use Mk4 gaskets, no matter how good your cooling system is... it will overheat(GenV gasket covers one of the two water ports in the back of the block, so it needs the additional holes).. took the manifold off, covered the bores and valley with duct tape and drilled.. set a magnet below the hole to catch the shavings.. hit it with the shop vac.. all good!
Also a picture of the new strut and relocated battery..

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
My son and wife moved to Portland and asked me where do u guys boat. They live on Willamette they don't have a boat but would like too check some out. They moved from OK. So they saw some cool boats.:))THumbsUp

·
Muffler City
499 Posts
yessss...

got her fired up.. pretty snappy for a big ole' Chevrolet on 100ll AvGas.. 70lbs of oil pressure, no fuel or H2O leaks.. gonna strip her down for paint soon, can't wait till winter is over up here in the PNW.. The work cover showed up today from the "Doctor and his wife"(http://www.performanceboats.com/v-drives/169017-got-runner-bottom-need-work-cover-we-have-extra.html) along with a scoop cover for towing.. really nice two tone gray with tool pockets and plug holders..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7t--R8pUPM

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.