Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Upstanding Member
12,717 Posts
Doc's boats were all two strake original Biesemeyers built by Julian. Julian's 4 straker was the first one. Steves was the second one. Julian flipped his in Kankakee. The Riviera has the same 4 strake bottom as a Biesemeyer, Julian got the mold from Rusty and built a plug, which was then taken back to Rusty's for Al Burns to build his mold from. The Biesemeyer deck mold was finished before the Riviera deck was built. So the the Biesemeyer was the first one running. Johny Mcardel (not sure of spelling) flipped the Riviera, Sew What boat at firebird in 77 or 78 I think. The 4 strake Biesemeyer mold was given back to Rusty. Julian cut the the four strake bottom out of the little boat and put the two strake bottom out of the big boat in it and built a new mold ( At that time Julian told Steven to get rid of the four strake boat because he could not make them work right. He felt they were unsafe (To much rocker) He built Steve a new two strake one (the small boat) Ray Brown got the two strake mold from Norm Brown (no relation). Julian and Paul sold the Biesemeyer line to Norm Brown in the mid 80's.
And the mystery is solved... Thanks JK JR!!!! :)devil

·
Upstanding Member
12,717 Posts
Don't recall any other hulls coming out of Terry's shop other than the original Frahs hull. Except for the changes I mentioned earlier. It was rumored there was a Biesemeyer splah mold in Fla. But I never seen one. Terry could have splashed one before he dissapeared (plane crash ?? never to be found) and the mold is nowhere to be found either if there ever was one.

1974 new boat test.

·
Upstanding Member
12,717 Posts
I have driven the Biesemeyer (big and little) the D'cucci, The Daytona, The Canary and now Revenge and to be honest with you I couldnt tell the difference if my eyes were closed. But I always wondered why there was so much hostility TODAY over who splashed whom's boat. This is just the norm in the boat race world. To me, you could take any one of these boats, send it to somebody that knows what the hell they are doing with bottoms and you wouldnt know what the brand was. The best K boat going currently is a Revenge (K69) But I am very confident if the boat was any other brand the guys running it dould make it into the best boat in country as well.
It may have been the Norm, but I can see how it would piss someone off.

I know there were plenty of Lawsuits over it.

·
Upstanding Member
12,717 Posts
So if everybody is pissed about splashing and copying why was it ok to splash Aqua Craft bottom? Isnt this the same as splashing a mold?
Where did the Kelron bottom originate? What about the Daytona bottom? Where did these come from?
The original Biesemeyer 3 piece mold went to Bill Moore who sold them to Bob Long at Daytona. Bob did away with the 3rd piece.

D' Cucci splashed the Revenge after cutting away the deck.

·
Upstanding Member
12,717 Posts
Jullian says he copied the keel only. Are there some other similarities? You tell me. All I know the strakes have been ground off some by the grinding marks under the paint and this boat rides fantastic. Only problem, it wieghs a ton! 1400 Lbs less engine!

Those turn fins look like they could rob 15 mph easy.:)sphss

Boyd, have you ever driven a B boat? I'd be curious to know how it compaired to the Wickens/Orrin/Volk shark... oh never mind, that shark of yours won't cover 80 right?

1 - 20 of 272 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.