Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Waiting to find out Rocket. I would say it's a ski deck Biesemeyer. The ski deck Biesemeyer has a different cap line as it angle towards the cockpit then the Spitfire does. The Spitfire angle's in sooner toward the cockpit making the back part wider along the cockpit area and around the back.
I thought it was either a Spitfire or a Saguaro. I have a couple of customers with Saguaro's that have that style deck.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I remember everyone telling Debbie how lucky she was after Harry's mouth was wired shut from that crash. Open face helmet and no whirl away=one tore up Harry Christiansen

Kevin and Jeff, you are both wrong. Harry did not break his jaw in this accident. He broke his jaw with the open face helmet at Irvine in the Blue Advantage when he went through the side of it.

Kevin, thanks for the info on Mert Littlefield. Really enjoyed seeing the old group in Anaheim for his celebration of life. Sat with your parents for dinner. Stayed until about 10:00 P.M. but did not see you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Wayne is correct. Last I knew he was working for a trucking company as a traffic manager. Maybe he is dirving a truck. One of my heros when growing up. I would ride my bike to Sundown Marine every Sat. morning and Bob would let me drive the golf cart and move the new Sanger's and Millers etc. out of the back yard. I was about 12 or 13 and thought I was pretty important. I try to remember that whenever kids stop and hang out at my shop or garage at home.

Regardless of his tax and legal problems in the late 80's he was always a good guy to me.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Someone asked for a shot of my old Nomad hull built by Dennis Nelson. Here is a shot from the January, 1971 issue of Sportboat. Sorry I don't have anything better but after 40 years its the best I can do. You gotta love that crossram with 6 duces on a 396 BBC.
Shirl
Pretty amazing that you have been through such a change in technology. I bet you never thought that you would be one of the masters of EFI and computer management of fuel systems. Congratulations on continuing your education. I have your card in my wallet, when I build a new motor I will call you for EFI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.