Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I never hit bottom.
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the old style Dominators, Do they take 5 rope seals or 4?

Reason I ask is I was putting my pump together today and got the five seals in there, But I cant get the clamp down on them. With 4 it would fit nicely. But is that the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks for any info. :)Unsure

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
it'll take 4 of the graphite 1's or 5 of the white 1's, at least that's how my 12s dominator is.

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
On the old style Dominators, Do they take 5 rope seals or 4?

Reason I ask is I was putting my pump together today and got the five seals in there, But I cant get the clamp down on them. With 4 it would fit nicely. But is that the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks for any info. :)Unsure
Buy one of these from me and fix that problem. If you want one just PM me. THANKS!

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Buy one of these from me and fix that problem. If you want one just PM me. THANKS!

How much are you selling those for? They look good!:D

·
I never hit bottom.
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Use the blacks the whites smell like "famunda" :D
Yes they do. And they left a strange sticky gue on my hands after installing them..

I took the 5th white one out and with 4, the clamp now sits nice in there. Its halfway down the threads now from with 5, barley getting the nuts on the bolts.

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
In your first post, you did not say anything about your shaft showing signs of grooves.

But if your shaft is in good shape then this is the way to go.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Well, that ends that for me, right now. My shaft has a slightly worn area where the old packings ran. But when I get a new shaft I am going to switch to the new style seal. But still nobody answered my question about how much they cost. I know that Duane's 2 seal ones sells for $90, but how much do those 3 seal ones sell for? Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts