Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say that the most frustrating thing about this hobby is cost. My friends always ask me why they see a bunch of blue hairs that own these types of boats as I reply due to money. With that said any one that feels the need to give money away and would like to sponsor a young guy that wants to get into the Circle boat madness let me know. :D LoL LoL Mr. Rankin? :)devil I know that you currently have your drivers as I also now that they are probably of the older generation as well. :D
I hope no one takes offence to this as I'm board at work and thought this would get a rise out of some of you. :)hand

·
Village Idiot
3,573 Posts
You might be surprised by how many of these "blue hairs" (as you call them) would be more than happy to help you find a good boat and "deals" on parts that may make it less expensive than pricing out all new stuff. Although I am not sure how much help you might get after the blue hair comment.LOL

Paul

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clear this up. The blue hair is not as what I would referred to a older person as I have much more respect. To be honest with you I did not even know what a blue hair was until I finely got tired of hearing this and not knowing what it was and finely asked. So with that said I hope none of the older and wiser people on this forum take this the wrong way as I do not mean any disrespect.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I would be happy to be called blue hair. Blue is better than none.:D

·
Village Idiot
3,573 Posts
Just to clear this up. The blue hair is not as what I would referred to a older person as I have much more respect. To be honest with you I did not even know what a blue hair was until I finely got tired of hearing this and not knowing what it was and finely asked. So with that said I hope none of the older and wiser people on this forum take this the wrong way as I do not mean any disrespect.
Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time. What I was trying to get at was I have seen Rankin (as well as others) share info regarding great deals if you ask. If you ask and are not afraid to do some work yourself you might be surprised how soon you can be racing. Good luck with your endeavors.

Paul

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Blue hair??.....I don't have one hair on my head that is blue.....A hellofalot of grey but no blue. :p

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
This is why you see nobody using their v-drives.. Just talking about it..

By the time you can afford them, your back hurts too much to drive the things..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you ready to sell that sweet sanger ?

This is why you see nobody using their v-drives.. Just talking about it..

By the time you can afford them, your back hurts too much to drive the things..
Got any funny stories to tell ? I love your sanger ! And your funny stories about almost shitting yourself .:)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I must say that the most frustrating thing about this hobby is cost. My friends always ask me why they see a bunch of blue hairs that own these types of boats as I reply due to money. With that said any one that feels the need to give money away and would like to sponsor a young guy that wants to get into the Circle boat madness let me know. :D LoL LoL Mr. Rankin? :)devil I know that you currently have your drivers as I also now that they are probably of the older generation as well. :D
I hope no one takes offence to this as I'm board at work and thought this would get a rise out of some of you. :)hand
A combination of having a good job and willing to completely disregard fiscal responsibility! Most guys in here just love this hobby so much they devote themselves to it. The hobby seems to be 99% getting the boat "ready" and 1% driving it, although a generous amount of extra cash CAN change this ratio! It may seem like older guys write a lot on this forum, but most got started at an early age. It's just that instead of hanging out at bars at night hoping to get laid, we are stuck at home with the family wishing were out having fun!:D

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Got any funny stories to tell ? I love your sanger ! And your funny stories about almost shitting yourself .:)
Almost?Stupid locked door..:)coffee And my Sanger should hit the lake in a week or two.. After I get it running again..:)sphss

A combination of having a good job and willing to completely disregard fiscal responsibility! Most guys in here just love this hobby so much they devote themselves to it. The hobby seems to be 99% getting the boat "ready" and 1% driving it, although a generous amount of extra cash CAN change this ratio! It may seem like older guys write a lot on this forum, but most got started at an early age. It's just that instead of hanging out at bars at night hoping to get laid, we are stuck at home with the family wishing were out having fun!:D
LOL and shed a tear of sadness at the same time. That's "word-smithin" right there..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts