Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting ready to start installing this setup on my 454 i have in my Checkmate.
Anyone have a setup like this and willing to give some advise and pictures of their setup?
Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jason

I attached a picture of a twin turbo setup i found on internet. Doesn't help much but it is of the same one i will be using.

FB_IMG_1508658679988.jpg

·
Some guy
3,631 Posts
That is one of the Mercruiser kits that he started selling about the time I was working there, late 70's. They were basically designed to be a "bolt on" kit that went on the Merc exhaust, and provided minimal boost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is one of the Mercruiser kits that he started selling about the time I was working there, late 70's. They were basically designed to be a "bolt on" kit that went on the Merc exhaust, and provided minimal boost.
Yeah i would like to see if anyone has pictures of how they ran their cooling and oil supply for this setup before i start putting mine on my 454.

Jason

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installation has begun.

Well we got the boat in the garage and started the installation. Ran into a few problems. I Have to move my Power Steering pump forward 3/4 of an inch so the Mercruiser exhaust manifold will go on (First Picture). Not sure how i am going to do that, I am already using the front pulley groove for that V-Belt. 2nd issue is that Oil supply inlet for the Turbo seems to be missing a part (2nd Picture). Not sure if this is available or if i have to fabricate one. Any input would be helpful. The other pictures are of my progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we got the boat in the garage and started the installation. Ran into a few problems. I Have to move my Power Steering pump forward 3/4 of an inch so the Mercruiser exhaust manifold will go on (First Picture). Not sure how i am going to do that, I am already using the front pulley groove for that V-Belt. 2nd issue is that Oil supply inlet for the Turbo seems to be missing a part (2nd Picture). Not sure if this is available or if i have to fabricate one. Any input would be helpful. The other pictures are of my progress.

More Progress pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your photo shows the oil drain side of the turbo, not the inlet which is threaded 1/8" npt.
Cool thanks.
Yeah i figured that out after i posted. :)
Looks like i will be going with Full Hydraulic Steering so i can get rid of the power steering pump, then the manifold will bolt onto the engine on the port side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts