Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After kicking the idea around for a while, I decided that I had too much fun building the first Rouse so I wanted to give it another go with a totally different concept. The last boat was more of a modern theme with new style graphics and the one off rear driven blower motor. This time, I wanted to build something that appealed to the old school traditionalist.

I put Rick at Islander Marine in charge of laying the boat up and executing the graphics and colors that I had drawn. He did an amazing job and incorporated some different style materials such as fiberglass based fiber board for all of the bulkheads to save weight. He also performed a cap on the entire boat, gel coated the transom and bilge, flow coated the stringers, as well as gel coating a Harwood scoop to match the boat perfectly. Chris at B1 Racing set the intake in the boat as well as building a custom shoe, ride plate, and cradle. My company, ROKE Custom Trailers, has begun fabrication on a custom road dolly trailer for the boat, which will hopefully be done shortly.

The boat will feature a DNE tunnel ram motor making around 800+ hp on pump gas and is being completely rigged by Matt Letcher of Jet Boat Plus out in Lake Havasu City. Check back soon for more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
I saw this boat in person a couple weeks ago and it's very clean. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

·
Got Circus Midgets???
1,734 Posts
Dig it!! :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
164 Posts
I saw it a few times when I had my Carrera over at Islander it looked very nice. Even though I just had my boat completely redone I still want one of these!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Truly a very quality boat, nice job Drake. Thanks for letting me be involved, appreciate it.

Chris

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Saw this hull in person at B1. Its a clean looking ride. I liked the entire deal. The cap job set it off!! What were the stringers, Maple or ash or something. They were pretty........:D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate all of the kind words guys. We are really looking forward to getting this thing together. The rigging has started... just waiting to get some pics sent to me from the river.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw this hull in person at B1. Its a clean looking ride. I liked the entire deal. The cap job set it off!! What were the stringers, Maple or ash or something. They were pretty........:D
Thanks for the compliments Futs... The stringers are Ash and were polished and coated beautifully by Rick at Islander. The lamination job that he pulled off is really impressive. The boat is extremely straight on every surface.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Truly a very quality boat, nice job Drake. Thanks for letting me be involved, appreciate it.

Chris
Hey Chris,

I always love having you involved in my projects. The work is always done with the highest level of quality and in an extremely timely manner. Thanks for squeezing me in and for the compliments on the boat. See you soon in Elsinore!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I too was able to pass through B1 a few weeks ago and had the pleasure to meet Drake, very impressive to say the least, I for one would definitely own one of these gullwings! the attn. to detail is off the chain, the floors and cap job are equally complimentary to the entire project! Great job guys, this one is out of the park!!
TRG

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Thanks guys, it's nice to see that two years of hard work is finally paying off.... Drake is doing a great job with this build and Islander really stepped up to the plate. The gel and lamination on this boat is about as good as it gets... Hope to see you guys at Elsinore where it will be on display on a bad ass road dolly.

First a rear driver blower modern gel lake rocket now a bad ass old school scheme on a road dolly, Drake likes to be different :)devil

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Always have loved your boat, gotta be one of the top gullwings out there!!! I never knew it was on a dolly... You should be very proud of that one!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Here you guys go again sparking my interest! :D I will be ready soon!!!!! Great looking boats!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I saw this boat in person a couple weeks ago and it's very clean. Looking forward to seeing this come together.
X2...the paint kicks ass......And I like the fiberglass based fiber board on the inside of the gunnels...looks almost to cool to hide with carpet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts