Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of Grandpa in 1964 during the Salton Sea 500.
This hull is one of two ever built and the other was destroyed by Mickey Thompson in this same race! pretty cool story

and a winning receipt for the parker enduro

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i would love to hunt down this hull if anyone on here might have some info on it. if it still exists

·
Registered
284 Posts
i would love to hunt down this hull if anyone on here might have some info on it. if it still exists
Sweet lookin boat!! I bet it is sitting in someones garage or barn. who ever has it probably has no idea what he has.

·
Registered
284 Posts
the helmets make it look like they are getting ready to go into space!:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Here is a pic of Grandpa in 1964 during the Salton Sea 500.
This hull is one of two ever built and the other was destroyed by Mickey Thompson in this same race! pretty cool story

and a winning receipt for the parker enduro
WHOOOOOAAAAA. I remember these two boats well. My dad was friends with Warren Frinchaboy owner of the Nike and Harold Hannemann owner of the 33 Hydro. Warren was partners with Jack Tice. I even got a ride down the middle of Elsinore in that boat. I didn't do much work on the Nike but I put a load of work into the 33 boat of Harolds. I remember at a Parker enduro race when the Bardahl Hydro was sitting on its trailer and Harold and me took dimensions for the 33 boat. Last time I spoke with Harold he said the 33 boat might be in Railto. Do you have any more picture of the Nike??? Gold flake with a 427 FE Ford supplied by Thompson. Thanks for posting these pictures. Whos grandson are you?????

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Bartel, you should move this thread over to the v-drive section. I know the 33 Hydro had a z-drive but it's a great story and needs to be shared. These old timers use what they had and that was alot of moxie and parts from their ski boats......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts