Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the pto off of an olds fit a chevy? or is this a straight stupid question?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Pto

The only items you can use is the driveline and alternator all the rest will be sold with the Oldsmoobile, Maybe the carb if it's a 750 holley or larger.

·
Registered
376 Posts
When I swapped mine I almost bought a new pto then I found out that all I need was the pto flange that bolts to the ringgear. looks like this

if you have a ring on your ringgear that looks like that you can just get the flange

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Flange

It depends on what you have now. If your driveline bolted directly to the crank, the flange won't help you. If your old set up bolted to a flange, (doubtful), then the Chevy drive flange will solve your problem...... The type that bolts to 4 of the 6 flywheel bolts do not have 4 symmetrical holes to bolt to the drive flange. It depends on what you had before......Ray

PS What ever you wind up using, make sure the spline doesn't bottom out on the shaft. It WILL wipe out the thrust bearing in the motor..........

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well lets make this easy, whos got a water outlet and a pto they want to sell me? cheap cheap cheap please! it is the final 2 pieces to get that olds paper wait out for good! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, are the h bars universal to the pto flange? or do i need one of those also?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts