Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL! Had to do it!
My old boat with a Olds in it. It was a good strong motor and never left me stranded and wouldn't come apart (I tried to blow it up so that I could drop in a chevy). I cant knock that! But it was only good for about 65mph.

·
use a BBC to pull a BBC
337 Posts
here is the one in the boat I just sold today. never left me stranded and mine did 64 on gps is all she had

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nate.............you suck!!!
I know you posted your olds just to F*** with me , not to worry though mine will be back in the water tomorrow (again), and at San Antonio for the 4th. You giong to make it up there.........you dont want me to be the big dog of the group do ya? LOL :)devil
I put new bearings and pump in it last night, tonight I am putting in the restricted push rod tubes and slapping it back in. I am thinking Piru for a test run on sunday..........You game ?

Just in case you forgot what it looks like installed :D

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Nice photos of your Olds motors. Back in the day when gas was cheap there were big block Olds, Pontiacs, Buicks, Mopars roaming the streets and lakes! Chevy and Ford is all thats left. I don't think Ford has made the 385 series motor in ten years. Keeping an Olds powered boat running is pretty cool .

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts