Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I realize this is NOT the best drive! I know that. It is in my 21' Carrera and works fine so I am not changing it. I do want to know has anyone ever converted a hand throttle to a foot throttle? I know DANA marine has a forward/reverse control similar to a jet drive one with a neutral safety switch. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
First I realize this is NOT the best drive! I know that. It is in my 21' Carrera and works fine so I am not changing it. I do want to know has anyone ever converted a hand throttle to a foot throttle? I know DANA marine has a forward/reverse control similar to a jet drive one with a neutral safety switch. Thanks for any help.

You may consider looking into a Hot Foot, they are very outboard/stern drive friendly...

The hull cutout on that Cobra is the same as a Mercruiser....:)devil

http://www.amazon.com/HOT-FOOT-THROTTLE-UNIVERSAL/dp/B000H7AWGI

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hot foot seems to have 1 cable. Wondering if a cool jet boat type foot pedal would work fine with the correct forward/reverse control? I am not concerned about the hole size I will make a plate and powdercoat it if needed.
It just seems like a way over complicated set-up(the OMC) deal with quite a few wires and stuff. Might have to get a manual so I don't screw it up.:)sphss

·
Registered
4 Posts
A buddy with a 21 carerra 454 bravo 1 took a foot pedal and carb plate out of a jet and hooked it up no problem. Screwed the petal to the floor put the carb plate to cable adapter on it and disconnected the throttle cable at the exhuast and zip tied it back. forward reverse on the stock handle - throttle on the floor nothin special or fancy and he loves it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts