Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tempted to start a doom and gloom forum but by the looks of things, the first two pages here would have to be moved there.

Come on !! how many are actually suffering monitarily or physically?

Cabin fever, winter blues are showing way too early.

Personally we are busier at the shop than we have ever been. If you were to look real close I bet 90% of us that think we are doing bad are really not. it's a perception, a hype so to speak that is taking over thoughts.

If you really sit down and think about what goes through you're mind during the day and evening. Based on what you read or hear in the news. You are allowing hype to bring you're self talk and self thought into doom and gloom.

Don't Worry Be Happy :)

No brain cells were harmed creating this post.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Well, I am heading back to CA tomorrow and have a date with a nice woman Sat night, the Grandkids and family are all doing well and happy. Thinking of going somewhere with some snow soon!

All is good!

F the wintertime blues :)

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Dayum . . . .

OK, here goes . . . .

20 days till New Years Eve, we are spending it at Camp Far West, water, no water, rain, no rain, boat no boat . . . . still good to be around friends:)devil

Got my prop release from JJ . . . bitchin work at a fair price, so I can finally leg it and see what 4 turbo's will do . . . . .

I make extra money on ebay to help pay for boating, for a year now all I have been doing is paying for ads and selling nothing, so I thought I would give it one more try . . . . . sold 9/9 items and got what I wanted:)

the best thing of all, as bad as things are, there is always someone way worse off . . . . we all should remember that.

Finally, if it is all getting to you, turn off the TV and the news . . . . . it helps.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
California should have some low snow levels after Sunday I heard around 1500 ft in the south and 700 ft in the north Enjoy your trip:)
Well, I am heading back to CA tomorrow and have a date with a nice woman Sat night, the Grandkids and family are all doing well and happy. Thinking of going somewhere with some snow soon!

All is good!

F the wintertime blues :)

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
We'd be there,but

20 days till New Years Eve, we are spending it at Camp Far West, water, no water, rain, no rain, boat no boat . . . . still good to be around friends:)devil
We both have to work Wed. and Fri.:|err Heard the NY thing at CFW is the shit,hopefully make it one time in the near future!:)devil

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
I'm positive I sharted.....and that's fuckin bullshit because when I was 39 I still trusted a fart! :mad:

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ron, I tried to post a thread based on one of the most amazing people I have heard about in years...

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=25025

Then some fucktard wanted to compare this guys loss to his daughter's experience with braces... :)sphss
Yep the guy really understands the way things are and accepts the cards as he is delt them.

I admire the guy. And when reported about his wife being killed in the accident. You feel for his loss. Then, I have to bite my tongue from saying "some guys have all the luck"

CRAP !! did I say that outloud?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Napa- is "cat attack" some kind of boat run or am I out there on my guess?? I tried the google thing and did not find anything that looked right.

Thanks

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
Nov. 1st i started eating better and running my ass off on the treadmill at the rate of a little over 5 miles a day. now i am 45 lbs lighter and still going. trying to get down to the weight i was while in the Air Force and i could be there before my bday in March. :D

looking forward to spending Christmas in Havasu again this year.. most of the presents are bought and paid for.

filled my truck up last night at costco in victorville.. a little over $46.00 for 30 gallons of gas. it cost me more then that to fill it up when i bought the truck in 2005.

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
I woke up this morning. And i'm still breathing, walking, talking, driving and working. I guess thats positive right?

·
I am Roger..the Shrubber
1,080 Posts
My wife and daughter are my best friends, my heart is ticking, I can still get wood, gas is cheap and the Bear's won last night. Life is grand.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Napa- is "cat attack" some kind of boat run or am I out there on my guess?? I tried the google thing and did not find anything that looked right.

Thanks
CAT ATTACK is a kick azz time on lake shasta last year was our first trip took the whole family and a few freinds everybody was stoked and ready to go this year! check out the thread in the group forums under DLB(delta lunch bunch) the door is open for every style boat and person that wants to run what they brung and hang out with some really cool peeps:)devil

·
Can't Member
98 Posts
My youngest son, who was laid off with 17 of his co workers about a month ago go, got a call from his former boss last Tuesday.
He brought my son back to work.
Justin was the only one of that group called back.
This is more than just about a job. My son has some learning disabilities, and the work he was doing (fabricator/painter) was something he enjoys, and gave him a helluva boost in self esteem.
If there is nothing under the tree for me, this was the best gift I've ever been given.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I just spoke with my machinist and we are decided to build a long rod motor instead of just re-building the stock connecting rods. So forged I beams, I beam pistons and a little spray of giggle gas and I should come out swingin next summer. I think thats good news! :D

~Brian

1 - 20 of 56 Posts