Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mikey
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - new to posting here. I am posting the following for Jack Weller and his upcoming event on Lake Anna.

Regarding my annual Feast of the East –

I’m Jack Weller. Good news! The lake is full! I’m trying to make this year the best I possibly can for you to have fun. I realize with the price of gas this trip will cost more than it did in years past. This year, thanks to my neighbors, we have put together about 1500 feet of shoreline for boats and around 6 acres for dry camping and parking. I realize with the cost of gas so high that you might be looking for something to do rather than driving around. So, I am trying to put together some yard games for everyone like horse shoes, volleyball, crochet, etc.

On Saturday while you’re eating you will be entertained by the band “Leather Britches”. I think you will enjoy their music. Once again, we are expecting boaters from the whole east coast as well as some from the mid west and west coast. I have receive a number of phone calls asking if it is ok to bring stuff like pop up tents, chairs, EZ-ups, etc. Please feel free to bring anything along those lines that will make you comfortable.

I am looking forward to seeing you all on the 6th and 7th of June. Now all we need is the weather to cooperate and we will have it made and a good time will be had by all.

Jack Weller

·
Mikey
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lake Anna Event review

The Lake Anna Feast at Jack Weller's place was yet another success. In spite of 100 degree plus heat, folks showed up from all around. The event has a family oriented reunion feel now since so many repeat attenders come every year. Lots of food was provided and Jack's neighbors there in Bear Castle are just awesome to be supportive of his event. Many of them brought covered dishes to add to the food table. A fantastic time was had by all as they ran the boats. The boat with the helicopter motor is always a crowd pleaser. There were several street rods and bikes there to see as well. Thanks to all who came - I know Jack appreciates you all and works hard to promote the sport / hobby of performance boating.

Mikey

·
Big Boys Toys
348 Posts
Thank you Jack for the great place to have this event, your monetary contribution for the food and entertainment. You are "good people". As I was eating my full plate and saw the long line of people still waiting I was thinking the logistics of this must be huge. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts