Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
???? on changing my Impeller

I took the boat out this weekend & it ran a little warm so i assume its the impeller, so my ? is how hard is it to replace it, I have a 496HO w/a bravo 1 out drive!

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
not hard if you have space in front of the motor. If it's really tight in there, you need to take out the back seat to have room. Water pump is on the lower left corner if you are looking at the front of the motor. Just a little time consuming, but assuming you don't have to take the back seat out, probably could be done in less than an hour

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Just realized you have a nordic....pretty sure you're gonna need to take out the back seat to get to it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kidding, at the front of the motor, hmmmmmm I went to the local boat shop and told them what I had & they told me it was in the outdrive, & of course sold me the impellor, now I ??? Whether it’s the right one.

Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Remove the rear seat for sure. Just makes it less of a headache. No impeller in the outdrive the H2O is sucked through the outdrive by the impeller that is on the motor. What does the impeller look like that they sold you? How big is it roughly?

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
what year is that ho

that housing is made of brass and gets eatin up with the sand . you may end up having to change the whole sea water pump housing. when you do this you will have to have the pully pulled off the old pump and pressed on the new pump cause it does not come with pully. however it already comes with the impeller inside it already so all you have to do is 2 water lines 2 airlines and the belt. your rear bench will have to come out for sure. you will then need to remove the tensioner pully and the roller right above it then you will take the pump bracket off with the pump attached then remove the 3 bolts that hold the pump to the bracket switch it out and reverse the process and your done. if all you have been doing is changeing the impeller (45 dollars) each season then you will need to do the pump. i went 2 seasons then had to do a pump then i went 1 season and had to do the pump again. the pump is 4 to 600 depending where you buy it. good luck PM me your number if you have other questions. doing it yourself if your mech savy will save you about 400 dollars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is some great info! Thanks,
funny, I called Nordic & told them about the boat overheating & they even said it was probably the impeller that was in the outdrive! WTF.:)hammers

The Impeller that i was sold is about 1" 1/2 wide by maybe 1'3/4 in diameter

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
up load a pic of what you were sold. was it about 50 bucks? what year and drive set up do you have. i have a mag (05) bravo 1 and i know your impeller has to be in the same place is mine. so unless you have some thing other than a Bravo 1 outdrive then i sure as hell dont know what to tell you. i kind of feel your getting the run around. your impeller is on the motor bottom left as you look at it other than the flywheel its your next biggest pully my maint book shows where mine is yours should to.

·
yeah its ugly
118 Posts
Hey guys I know from experiance that manufacturers and places that selll parts will sometimes steer you towards the outdrive and away from the motor most people are scared to work on the outdrive but will work on their motors... a$$holes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts