Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
fleet week already??? when i worked in sf once a year those guys would wreak havok on traffic lol..

awesome vids.

·
Screamin SeaMonkees
1,663 Posts
Underway!

You goin' to Monterey by boat? Makes me want to hide my Captain's hat. Safe boating.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
WTF is that?

damn that is a nice ship.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You goin' to Monterey by boat? Makes me want to hide my Captain's hat. Safe boating.
Yes, going by boat....The weather is a bit iffy right now, I'm at Emeryville tonight, if the weather is decent in the morning, we're out the gate and turnin left.

That sailboat if truly unbelievable! I'm not a sailboat guy, but I stood there and stared at it for like 30 minutes!

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Nice shots Todd, be safe out there. I brought the sea ray home from Tower today. 4 hour cruise in 30 mph wind. that thing is like a big sail when the wind hits you sideways.
The canvas looks great. It looks like a totally different boat already . I'll take some pics of it tomorrow.
I think I have 1 boat fasterer then yours???:D lol.. see ya next sunday

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
HNIC
388 Posts
$300+ mill. He won't say how much it cost to build other than it was at least that much. Too bad a blow boater "t" boned it last week and knocked a hole in her side. It's an awsome boat to see up close. I'm noit too facinated with mega yachts but this thing is unreal.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
$300+ mill. He won't say how much it cost to build other than it was at least that much. Too bad a blow boater "t" boned it last week and knocked a hole in her side. It's an awsome boat to see up close. I'm noit too facinated with mega yachts but this thing is unreal.
That will bring a hefty repair bill.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
WTF is that?

damn that is a nice ship.

I'm guessing they get UNBELIEVABLE TV reception with those antennas! Wouldn't doubt it if they had a few huge hi dollar big screens in there to take advantage of the situation :D

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Todd I wish I knew you were out there. We rolld through ther on sunday. Saw Dean and the blown efi 26's out there also. That boat was unreal to see. Did you make it to Monterey? :)hand

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
made it to Monterey Sunday afternoon

12 hours at sea, 9 ft. swells it was pretty grueling!.....>video clip pacific ocean-note the big swell that goes under us during the clip.

This is the view from outside the Golden Gate Sunday morning as we were heading out

·
Registered
498 Posts
This thing is so badass!!!

I saw this on Worlds Most or some dumb show like that.

It's the most expensive yacht ever built. Some billionaire had it custom built. It is fully automated, computer controlled, fiber optic, ect so it can be sailed by one person. Those masts are fully carbon fiber. I forget the rest of the details but the owner will not reveal the actual dollar amount. He is working on a bigger one right now.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
good luck on your journey Todd
What was your average fuel per hour and at what speed?
We will be out on the big pond pulling crabpots in a few weeks

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
good luck on your journey Todd
What was your average fuel per hour and at what speed?
We will be out on the big pond pulling crabpots in a few weeks
you got a crabbin boat??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts