Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/California_Proposition_38,_State_Income_Tax_Increase_to_Support_Education_(2012)

38.9 million of her own money supporting 12 years of increased state income taxes.

Molly Munger - Ballotpedia

What a load of crap. I'm going to be looking for jobs outside of CA if this passes. I wanted to stay here because of my grandparents but it'll be cheaper to work somewhere else and fly in. Going to lose my ass on my house at the rate this state is discouraging buisness and wealth.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Similar situation for prop 33. Homes in my city are starting to move quite quickly. Things seem to be picking up.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
I'm not a fan of QE3 for the same reasons the author sites. I don't care if some people consider it Cronyism, it is just bad policy.

That being said, I have benefited from it. I do not think it is the way to save the economy because our current situation is much more structural, not cyclical. If it were cyclical, artificially low rates may benefit a greater number of people. What we have is a huge mismatch between jobs available and qualified workers.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I'm not a fan of QE3 for the same reasons the author sites. I don't care if some people consider it Cronyism, it is just bad policy.

That being said, I have benefited from it. I do not think it is the way to save the economy because our current situation is much more structural, not cyclical. If it were cyclical, artificially low rates may benefit a greater number of people. What we have is a huge mismatch between jobs available and qualified workers.
You benefited but the poor people in which they exclaim to want to help are the same people who will be hurt the most by it.. I see it not only as bad policy , but a big lie.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
You benefited but the poor people in which they exclaim to want to help are the same people who will be hurt the most by it.. I see it not only as bad policy , but a big lie.
That's typical of an Obama supporter. They know it's bad for the population as an entirety, but as long as they benefit, who cares!!! Same thing with the unions.
Again, situational ethics rears it's ugly head!

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, Washington, Missouri are all pretty "easy" possibilities for me. The only reason I came back to CA was to be close to the grandparents. This state is just adding more and more disadvantages for being here and I don't even live in LA or Orange county by choice to avoid more of the crap.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Oklahoma, Washington, Missouri are all pretty "easy" possibilities for me. The only reason I came back to CA was to be close to the grandparents. This state is just adding more and more disadvantages for being here and I don't even live in LA or Orange county by choice to avoid more of the crap.
Carolinas, parts of NJ, and FLA would be on my short list. Oklahoma sounds enticing when Informaniac talks about it, but I would have a hard time giving up the coast. I like the ocean and beaches too much. I feel like TX and Arizona, although both red states, have the same illegal immigration problems as here and that deters me.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
How much does it raise the brackets? I cant see the whole graph. Education doesnt need more money anywhere as far as im concerned. The sysem is systemically flawed.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Similar situation for prop 33. Homes in my city are starting to move quite quickly. Things seem to be picking up.
If the taxes go up, you'll see a number of houses back on the market, people either walking away from them or going into foreclosure. You'll also see even more businesses either leaving or going out of business. What these fool don't realize is that the more money you take out of the system in the form of taxes, the less get spent in the private sector. It equates to less tax revenue. The more of the pie you take out, the smaller the pie becomes when it comes to economics.

GW Bush proved that....I've posted many times that his tax cuts brought prosperity and increased tax revenue.
1998 $1.9T in tax revenue @ 39% tax rate at the top.

2004 $2.4% tax revenue @ 36% tax rate at the top.

The more money that's available, the more changes hands. The more that changes hands, the more that is taxed.

BTW, if the capital gains taxes go up to 50%, look for a huge cash out in December...The stock market will crash like you wouldn't believe. The 1873 and 1929 crashes will seem like the good old days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts