that thing needs a "duct" installed. :p

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Interesting

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking. That thing with a duct, installed in a short tunnel, running in Oklahoma, good revolutionize jets boats as we know it.
Of course I have data to back this up.
must have magneto and carb. none of that lo-tech 'lectronic shit.... :)devil

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Will 'thrust' make more 'thrust' when it's thrusting against something?

Simple experiment I did way back...typical garden hose with a pistol grip and my harm hanging at my side > pull the trigger and the thrust of exiting water moves my hand back a few degrees (simple enough)

But...I then did the same experiment with my arm lowered in a pool and > much more kick, and the thrust kept my arm trying to go 90 degrees to my vertical standing body > but why?

*Could the above pump design be thrusting its exit water into the water around it, making more thrust?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

Simple experiment I did way back...typical garden hose with a pistol grip and my harm hanging at my side > pull the trigger and the thrust of exiting water moves my hand back a few degrees (simple enough)

But...I then did the same experiment with my arm lowered in a pool and > much more kick, and the thrust kept my arm trying to go 90 degrees to my vertical standing body > but why?

*Could the above pump design be thrusting its exit water into the water around it, making more thrust?
How fast do you think you boat would be if you put a snoot on upside down?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
How fast do you think you boat would be if you put a snoot on upside down?
Fast enough to turn nto a submarine lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:shock: :))eek:))

It was so Odd I had to buy it. I would of liked to see the hull it was in. If I had a large garage, hell I would of hung it up. Great conversation piece.
The bowl, shaft and impeller will go to good use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i seen one like that in new haven conn it was in in a big old alum work boat .engine was more mitdship about 22-24 ft . looked odd when i seen the nozzle so i looked inside very odd boat had too be from the 60,s

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I seen a similar setup in a flat bottom alum work skiff that had a single tunnel up the center that was deep enough to hold the external portion of the pump, and it could run aground and not hurt the pump. But the speed was limited because the boat would lift and pull the pump inlet out of the water, and the forward thrust would fall off.

WW II landing craft had a similar setup with a prop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I seen a similar setup in a flat bottom alum work skiff that had a single tunnel up the center that was deep enough to hold the external portion of the pump, and it could run aground and not hurt the pump. But the speed was limited because the boat would lift and pull the pump inlet out of the water, and the forward thrust would fall off.

WW II landing craft had a similar setup with a prop.
Thats what i was thinkn.maybe a duckboat or the similar.would make a good landing craft boat.see american troops haulin ass to shore with a roostertail wld be cool lol

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts

Water against water is not how a jet works.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts