Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah, but Barry's lame duck session could be full of Executive Orders that could clog up the REAL recovery R&R will start!!!

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm still not convinced that Rod, 1986, shue and the sheep of America won't put their shepherd in office again to save their lifestyles personally rather than for the benefit of America. Selfishness seems to rule the day.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Doc, that really is the definition of conservatives and liberals...
Conservatives seem to think beyond themselves and want what is best for their children and the next generation, and to stick to the Constitution and a free market.
Liberals seems to only want what is best for themselves and family at the moment. The pure definition of liberal is of a victim... To be a liberal you have to feel wronged by someone and feel like your second best.... I find it amazing so many people refuse to but big boy pants on and get out of that mindset and be self sufficient and not have to suckle on the tit of Government...
Boggles my mind how anyone would purposely choose to be dependent, especially on a Gov!!!

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sadly, there are millions of them out there.

Doc, that really is the definition of conservatives and liberals...
Conservatives seem to think beyond themselves and want what is best for their children and the next generation, and to stick to the Constitution and a free market.
Liberals seems to only want what is best for themselves and family at the moment. The pure definition of liberal is of a victim... To be a liberal you have to feel wronged by someone and feel like your second best.... I find it amazing so many people refuse to but big boy pants on and get out of that mindset and be self sufficient and not have to suckle on the tit of Government...
Boggles my mind how anyone would purposely choose to be dependent, especially on a Gov!!!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Sadly, there are millions of them out there.
Even more sad is that most don't even realize that they are being subjugated and repressed by the very people they support.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
You think it is funny? Where would your messiah be without an inflated entitlement class?
how could he win election without a majority dependent on his government?

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
You think it is funny? Where would your messiah be without an inflated entitlement class?
I thought it was funny because where would the GOP and its funding 1%ers be without the ignorant blind sheep that naively continue to vote against their own self interest?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
This.

I thought it was funny because where would the GOP and its funding 1%ers be without the ignorant blind sheep that naively continue to vote against their own self interest?
And this.

Is why this is relevant:

I think we'll see an Independent in the chair in 2016 as the public has had enough of the current partisan nonsense...;)

A huge number of voters on both sides vote solely along party lines without reading into the details of their policies. We need to do away with the 2 party system and have a 0 party system and ban politicians from forming "groups". Force the idiots of the nation to actually read about where a candidate stands and not where their "group" stands.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
A huge number of voters on both sides vote solely along party lines without reading into the details of their policies. We need to do away with the 2 party system and have a 0 party system and ban politicians from forming "groups". Force the idiots of the nation to actually read about where a candidate stands and not where their "group" stands.
I agree with Romney's current stated positions more than I do Obama's. The problem is, Romney changes his direction more than a wind sock in a hurricane. He is a plutocrat and I don't trust he will do what's best for the middle class. I think Romney would be on board with expanding the failed economic policies of the GOP that include trickle down and deregulation.

And let's be honest: Obama hasn't done too badly considering what he inherited and a GOP that tried to fuck him every chance they could. I think he has acted responsibly the past 3.5 years and has proven he is more for the middle class than his opponent. That is why he has earned my vote next Tuesday

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
This.

Boss, I wish I could say thats all it will take. But any candidate, regardless if you did away with the party names or even disbanded them, any candidate that tells them he will keep the tap flowing, free phones, wide screens, section 8 housing, EBT and SNAP cards fully loaded, AND, and this is the main ingredient, that it will all be paid for by the so called 1%, will win in a land slide. You have the ones with their hand out palm up like ram, and then you have the bleeding hearts, so called do gooders, or those the ignorantly believe that "its the right thing to do" and a real leader has no chance.

Hard to believe that Ayn Rand saw all this coming in 1957, but it has come. The division between the suppliers and the takers, race division, ethnic division, a quickly growing dependence on the government BLAMED on the wealthy.

It will do no good to eliminate the "names" of the parties, or try to elect a true leader that would make an honest attempt to fix the problems, because the very people that are electing these morons are the problem.

We are headed to a socialized/communist country by way of a vote due to lazy ass people that feel entitled, and their belief was instilled in them by the government they elected.

They whine and bitch they have been wronged, and told the wronging is the result of the people that supply the jobs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I think he has acted responsibly the past 3.5 years and has proven he is more for the middle class than his opponent. That is why he has earned my vote next Tuesday
I disagree. Or at least disagree with what you call the middle class. It's not the middle class he's helping. Middle class do not need unemployment continuously extended. Middle class do not need Food Stamps. Middle class do not need forced health insurance. Middle class do not need an additional $10 a week FICA tax cut.

It's the lower class he's trying to help. And they aren't helping themselves. They are having the middle class do it for them.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Romney changes his direction more than a wind sock in a hurricane.
By the way, this is a horrible analogy if it was meant to be a dig at Romney. A wind sock in a hurricane is one of the most predictable times for wind direction. :happy:

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
By the way, this is a horrible analogy if it was meant to be a dig at Romney. A wind sock in a hurricane is one of the most predictable times for wind direction. :happy:
You'd think a self proclaimed genius would know this little tid bit.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
I disagree. Or at least disagree with what you call the middle class. It's not the middle class he's helping. Middle class do not need unemployment continuously extended. Middle class do not need Food Stamps. Middle class do not need forced health insurance. Middle class do not need an additional $10 a week FICA tax cut.

It's the lower class he's trying to help. And they aren't helping themselves. They are having the middle class do it for them.
It's likely our differing views are influenced by where we live. I don't know how bad the recession affected Louisianna, but I have a pretty good idea of its effects here in SoCal.

Many people here lost there jobs. In other parts of the country blue collars might make their living in manufacturing, here many made it in construction. These are hard working good people, who want to work, but couldn't find a job because of the economy. I know many people that would have lost their home, car, and went without food if unemployment insurance wasn't extended. Guys that had been supporting their family on $100K a year struggling to get by on $25K a year when and if they could find work which they did look for. $25K a year doesn't go very far here, some guys have mortgages that are more than $25K a year. I knew many people that tried changing industries to find work; guys that started mowing people's lawns to earn money (try competing with gardners here, they are all illegals); guys starting an auto detailing business (competing against illegals), guys doing handyman work because they lost their job; guys wrenching out of their homes trying to earn a few bucks because there was no work. These are all middle class people that worked hard in their jobs, paid their taxes, and raised their families the best they could. They aren't the entilted lazy pieces of shit with their hands out trying to take advantage of the system. They were people down on their luck that needed help.

As far as health insurance, I had health insurance since I was a kid with Kaiser. When I joined the union, I had Kaiser. After I decided to go back to school, I tried to purchase my own health insurance from Kaiser in 2009. I had my gall bladder removed about 6 months before I did this. It was done laproscopically without any complications, and I was released from the hospital about 2 hours after surgery. When I first went to the doctor about my gall bladder about 2 months before the surgery, I was given a prescription for 25 vicodin in case my gall bladder acted up. When I was released from the hospital following my surgery, they wanted to know if I had any vicodin left. I still had all 25 so they didn't give me a new prescription and told me to just use the one I already had. I still have that bottle in my medicine cabinet today with 23 pills still left in it. When I tried to purchase my own insurance through Kaiser, I was denied because of preexisting conditions. You see, that gall bladder surgery where they released me after two hours was considered a "major surgery." The prescription of vicodin was considered "a history of prescription drug use." I was deemed a risk by Kaiser and denied even though I had insurance from them for over 30 years prior and had no major medical problems. You might not think that is a big deal, but I would like to be able to purchase health insurance for myself because I think that is the responsible thing to do. Luckily I was able to find insurance with another company, but my story is an example of how health insurance companies screwed people in the past that has been fixed by Obama care.

It's not just the lower class Obama is trying to help, it is the middle class as well; people who are the real backbone of this country.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It's likely our differing views are influenced by where we live. I don't know how bad the recession affected Louisianna, but I have a pretty good idea of its effects here in SoCal.

Many people here lost there jobs. In other parts of the country blue collars might make their living in manufacturing, here many made it in construction. These are hard working good people, who want to work, but couldn't find a job because of the economy. I know many people that would have lost their home, car, and went without food if unemployment insurance wasn't extended. Guys that had been supporting their family on $100K a year struggling to get by on $25K a year when and if they could find work which they did look for. $25K a year doesn't go very far here, some guys have mortgages that are more than $25K a year. I knew many people that tried changing industries to find work; guys that started mowing people's lawns to earn money (try competing with gardners here, they are all illegals); guys doing handyman work because they lost their job; guys wrenching out of their homes trying to earn a few bucks because there was no work. These are all middle class people that worked hard in their jobs, paid their taxes, and raised their families the best they could. They aren't the entilted lazy pieces of shit with their hands out trying to take advantage of the system. They were people down on their luck that needed help.

As far as health insurance, I had health insurance since I was a kid with Kaiser. When I joined the union, I had Kaiser. After I decided to go back to school, I tried to purchase my own health insurance from Kaiser in 2009. I had my gall bladder removed about 6 months before I did this. It was done laproscopically without any complications, and I was released from the hospital about 2 hours after surgery. When I first went to the doctor about my gall bladder about 2 months before the surgery, I was given a prescription for 25 vicodin in case my gall bladder acted up. When I was released from the hospital following my surgery, they wanted to know if I had any vicodin left. I still had all 25 so they didn't give me a new prescription and told me to just use the one I already had. I still have that bottle in my medicine cabinet today with 23 pills still left in it. When I tried to purchase my own insurance through Kaiser, I was denied because of preexisting conditions. You see, that gall bladder surgery where they released me after two hours was considered a "major surgery." The prescription of vicodin was considered "a history of prescription drug use." I was deemed a risk by Kaiser and denied even though I had insurance from them for over 30 years prior and had no major medical problems. You might not think that is a big deal, but I would like to be able to purchase health insurance for myself because I think that is the responsible thing to do. Luckily I was able to find insurance with another company, but my story is an example of how health insurance companies screwed people in the past that has been fixed by Obama care.

It's not just the lower class Obama is trying to help, it is the middle class as well; people who are the real backbone of this country.

Your an idiot!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

Many people here lost there jobs. In other parts of the country blue collars might make their living in manufacturing, here many made it in construction. These are hard working good people, who want to work, but couldn't find a job because of the economy. I know many people that would have lost their home, car, and went without food if unemployment insurance wasn't extended. Guys that had been supporting their family on $100K a year struggling to get by on $25K a year when and if they could find work which they did look for. $25K a year doesn't go very far here, some guys have mortgages that are more than $25K a year. I knew many people that tried changing industries to find work; guys that started mowing people's lawns to earn money (try competing with gardners here, they are all illegals); guys doing handyman work because they lost their job; guys wrenching out of their homes trying to earn a few bucks because there was no work. These are all middle class people that worked hard in their jobs, paid their taxes, and raised their families the best they could. They aren't the entilted lazy pieces of shit with their hands out trying to take advantage of the system. They were people down on their luck that needed help.

That's a pretty long winded story to just say you live in Cal. One of the most f'ed up states in the country.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts